- New high-roof Transit Custom with two wheelbases and range of weight and powertrain options – available to order now
- New model offers 20 per cent more space and 370mm greater load height than low-roof model
- Unique-in-segment all-steel roof construction allows roof rack load of up to 100kg
- High-roof Transit Custom has best-in-class side door opening – accommodates three loaded Euro pallets in both short and long wheelbase models
BRENTWOOD, Essex, UK, September 30, 2013 – Ford’s new high-roof version of the multi-award-winning Transit Custom van offers 20 per cent greater load volume than the equivalent low-roof model at an additional cost of just £500*. It is available to order in the UK now for delivery later this year.
This latest version of the 2013 International Van of the Year is designed with a wide range of customers in mind, featuring 370mm greater load height than the low-roof model to increase the distance from floor to roof to 1.78m, and offering a maximum load volume of up to 8.3 cubic metres (with a full bulkhead fitted).
The Transit Custom high-roof is unique in the segment for its all-steel roof that offers more durability than a composite roof construction, along with roof rack compatibility and a maximum load of 100kg.
“This addition to the Transit Custom line-up brings all the style, economy and durability of the low-roof vehicle, and adds valuable extra cargo volume,” said David Gregory, Transit Custom chief programme engineer, Ford of Europe. “We also made sure that the high-roof variant keeps all of those smart load space features that customers asked for when we designed the new model.”
Innovative load space features include:
- Load-through hatch in bulkhead enabling loads up to 3.0m in length, such as pipes or ladders, to be safely carried inside the vehicle (up to 3.4m in long wheelbase model)
- Repositioned DIN and ISO compliant tie-down hooks located on the body sides to increase usable load area and allow complete cleaning of the floor
- Tailored, one-piece, easy-to-clean load floor liner offering enhanced durability and simple cleaning
- Ultra-bright LED loadspace lighting with four high-performance LED units
The high-roof Transit Custom also offers outstanding fuel economy with CO2 emissions from 178g/km** delivered by the improved UK-built 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel with optional Auto-Start-Stop. Cost of ownership is further minimised by the longest service intervals in the class at two years/30,000 miles.
The Transit Custom is the only van in its segment to have achieved a maximum five-star Euro NCAP safety rating and the high-roof model also delivers advanced Ford vehicle technologies including SYNC with Emergency Assistance, Rear View Camera, Acceleration Control, Lane Keeping Alert and Driver Alert as options.
Ford has sold more than 6,000 Transit Custom vans in the UK since launch in December last year.
* Basic Recommended Retail Price (Excluding VAT)
** The stated fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 as last amended. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets