- 42 MPG EPA Estimated Combined Fuel Economy
- F SPORT Package Delivers Sporty Performance
- Peace of Mind with Lexus Enform Remote and Lexus Enform Service Connect
July 24, 2015 — What do you get when Lexus melds a sporty luxury compact with an environmentally conscientious attitude? The 2016 CT 200h. With an EPA-estimated 42 MPG combined fuel economy the CT 200h is one of six hybrid models Lexus offers for 2016. Lexus has been the hybrid luxury leader since it introduced the first luxury hybrid more than 10 years ago.
The CT 200h broke new ground for Lexus, introducing the brand to a younger generation of highly discerning customers. They, too, quickly discovered the refinement and driving pleasure that characterize the progressive luxury inherent in every Lexus.
A sporty chassis keeps the CT 200h connected to the road’s curves, and for 2016, the dashing look is enhanced with a chrome surround grille.
Drivers can also now opt in for additional peace of mind with Lexus Enform Remote and Lexus Enform Service Connect. Lexus Enform Remote (subscription required), allows the owner to remotely view and control certain vehicle features using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Key features include remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more. Lexus Enform Service Connect (subscription required) allows customers to remotely view information about certain aspects of their Lexus vehicle via the MyLexusandBeyond mobile application for iOS smartphone users or LexusDrivers.com. Information includes maintenance alerts, warning light notifications and a vehicle health report that includes email and push notifications for diagnostic information, required maintenance reminders, current vehicle alerts, service campaigns, and more.
What Makes It Go (On So Little Fuel)
There’s no magic needed to get sporty performance with EPA fuel economy estimates of 43 MPG city / 40 MPG highway / 42 MPG combined. It just takes the world’s deepest well of hybrid expertise and experience. In the CT 200h, that translates to a 1.8-liter in-line four-cylinder gas engine teamed to a 650 volt motor/generator for a combined output of 134 horsepower. A second motor in the hybrid system serves as both engine starter and generator to charge the hybrid battery pack.
The powertrain is mated to an Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (E-CVT) that makes the best use of the instant torque of the electric motor and quickly finds the optimal gear ratio to enhance the driving experience.
It’s the unseen engineering details that really make a difference in the CT’s fuel efficiency. For example, an exhaust heat recovery system uses the heat of spent exhaust gases to speed engine coolant warm-up. That in turn allows the hybrid system to stop the engine earlier and more often in the driving cycle when it’s not needed, for example in low-power-demand city driving conditions.
Like other Lexus models, the CT 200h puts a wide range of vehicle control at the driver’s fingertips through the Lexus Drive Mode Select system. You can choose from four distinct modes: Normal, Sport, Eco or EV. Normal mode has an essentially linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power. Sport mode yields a more responsive and dynamic driving experience.
In Eco mode, air conditioning settings are adjusted and the throttle response is reduced relative to the pedal angle to emphasize fuel economy. Under certain circumstances, the EV mode can allow the CT 200h to be driven short distances using only the electric motors. It’s ideal for crawling through a crowded parking lot or garage when searching for a space, for example.
F SPORT: Look Sporty. Feel Sporty.
The F SPORT is hard to miss, thanks to its exclusive mesh version of the Lexus spindle grille, black contrast roof, rear spoiler with two large air ducts, 17-inch five-twin-spoke alloy wheels with two-tone graphite and machine finish and mesh and fog lamp inserts with black surrounds.
For even more head-turning power, the F SPORT offers two unique exterior colors: Ultra White and Ultrasonic Blue Mica. Another of the color choices, Redline, features a highly scratch resistant self-restoring coat.
It’s not all about great looks. The CT’s F SPORT-tuned suspension includes specially tuned dampers and springs to increase agility, making every drive feel its sportiest.
It Is A Lexus, After All
Compact, sporty and shockingly thrifty with fuel, the CT 200h is of course a pure Lexus. That means a considerably higher level of luxury than you’ll see in anything this size. Standard features include a 10-way power driver’s seat and dual-zone automatic climate control.
Available cabin choices like NuLuxe seating reflect the CT’s eco-conscious mission. NuLuxe seating material offers the elegant look and supple feel of leather. Yet, even compared to other synthetic leathers, NuLuxe weighs half as much, and its manufacturing process generates far fewer CO2 and VOC emissions. Perforated Flaxen leather is also available, accentuated by metallic interior trim that highlights the CT’s sporty nature.
Informative and Conversational
The available Display Audio/Navigation screen controls a multimedia system featuring complimentary HD Radio™, real-time traffic, and weather. Models equipped with the optional navigation system use Remote Touch Interface.
The cache radio feature will quickly endear itself. If you’re busy with something when a favorite song comes on the radio, such as paying a toll or waiting at a bank or coffee drive-through, cache radio will store it for up to 15-minutes and let you listen later. Or, tag it with iTunes® Tagging to download later.
The standard six-speaker audio system features the world’s first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin. You may hear voices with greater clarity than you have before. A 10-speaker system is available. Both systems, of course, live up to the brand’s reputation for stellar sound. The Display Audio and Navigation systems both employ Bluetooth® 3.0 and dual USB ports to ensure you can connect your music any way you like.
New for 2016
- Grille with chrome surround
- Optional moonroof
- Available Lexus Enform Remote for vehicles equipped with optional Lexus Display Audio or Navigation
- Available Lexus Service Connect
- Suspension design combines a MacPherson strut front system with a fully independent double-wishbone rear suspension.
- A unique lateral performance damper system is designed to absorb and minimize body vibrations to offer a more linear steering feel and further enhanced ride comfort.
- The CT 200h braking system is augmented by regenerative braking which also helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and improve fuel economy.
- Standard 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels on the CT 200h are equipped with P215/45 R17 all-season tires.
- Standard eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags and knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags.
- Optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control can help reduce collision damage. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control system uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set distance from a vehicle traveling ahead. PCS is equipped with a front-mounted radar sensor that is designed to detect certain obstacles in front of the car.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and four-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat.
- The standard six-speaker audio system features the world’s first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Siri® Eyes Free Mode (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 models forward) lets you call contacts , get turn-by-turn navigation through Siri and Apple maps, select and play music from iTunes® and much more.
- Navigation with Lexus Enform Destinations, Lexus Enform App Suite (Destination Services, Pandora®, iHeartRadio, Slacker, Open Table®, Yelp®, Movie Tickets.com), and HD Radio with iTunes tagging. Package includes HDD navigation system, back-up camera and voice command. Also features Bluetooth hands-free phone, phone book download capability and Lexus’ exclusive Remote Touch controller with user-adjustable haptic feedback.
- The Premium Audio Package includes the Lexus Premium Audio System with 10-speakers and six-disc CD changer, Homelink and electrochromic rearview mirror with compass.
- The Leather Package includes perforated leather-trimmed seats, driver memory, and rain sensing variable intermittent wipers.
- LED low-beam headlamps with headlamp washers
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) rearview mirror with backup camera
- Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Park Assist
- Seat Comfort Package: Heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and manual sliding sunshade.
- The spindle grille is flanked by headlamp clusters positioned on a higher plane than the grille itself.
- Headlamps focus on piercing, single halogen or optional twin LED low beam lamps.
- Compact and aerodynamic door mirrors with an integral, LED side turn signal lamp.
- Tail lamps incorporate a Lexus L-shaped motif.
- Aerodynamic detailing of the lower bumper and finned rear undercover smooths airflow from beneath the car, further improving both vehicle stability and fuel consumption.
- The dashboard is divided into two distinct zones: an upper, Display Zone, with an seven-inch, LCD multi-display screen located at an ideal distance for at-a-glance viewing, and a lower, Operation Zone, which allows access to the uniquely designed shift lever and system controls.
- The front seats feature pronounced side bolsters engineered with internal wire framing for additional lateral support during high-G cornering.
- Extensive use of metallic finishes and dark, soft touch materials reinforces the premium quality of the cockpit.
- Ecological Plastics with 30 percent plant-based Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) materials are used for the floor mats, deck side and deck board trim. The CT is more than 80 percent recyclable and is designed to be easily dismantled. Recycle marks have been placed on the front, rear and tailgate trim to facilitate optimum recycling.
F SPORT Package
- F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels two-tone finish.
- Front grille with mesh inserts, metal front scuff plates, black contrast roof, a perforated leather-trimmed steering wheel, leather-trimmed shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel all add to the sporty feel.
- Black NuLuxe trimmed seats or perforated black leather-trimmed seats with white perforation are available.
- 48-month/50,000miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.