The fastest street-legal Viper track car ever offers a tremendous value for performance
Unveiled last week at the revamped Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, the American Club Racer model of the iconic, hand-built American supercar will have a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $117,895 (excluding destination and gas guzzler tax).
“Bringing our street-legal Dodge Viper ACR back is going to arm our track enthusiasts with the ultimate weapon to dominate road courses across the country,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge and SRT Brands, FCA — North America. “This is without a doubt the best Viper ACR ever. The latest in aerodynamic, braking and tire technology will ensure its legendary performance reputation around the world.”
Originally introduced in 1999 and last available for the 2010 model year, the Viper ACR has a long-standing legacy as the ultimate street-legal track car for club racing. The new 2016 model honors that performance legacy with significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades, new Carbon Ceramic brakes with six-piston calipers and high-performance tires specifically designed for ACR. Standard equipment highlights include:
- Delivers ultimate in stopping performance with unprecedented brake fade resistance through ACR-exclusive Carbon Ceramic Matrix 15-inch two-piece rotors and six-piston front calipers from Brembo®
- Unique track suspension features 10-setting, double-adjustable, Bilstein coil-over racing shocks and unique race alignment delivering up to 3 inches of suspension height adjustment for fine-tuning corner weight
- The latest race tire compound technology with massive Kumho® Ecsta V720 high-performance tires (295/25/19 front, 355/30/19 rear), designed and developed specifically for the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, delivers laps times that are 1.5 seconds faster than off-road only race tires
- Combination of suspension, aero treatment and ACR-specific tires delivers sustainable 1.5 g cornering during high-speed turns
- Lightweight carpet, minimal three speaker audio and manual seats designed to manage weight and maintain optimal 50/50 weight distribution
- Powered by iconic, hand-built 8.4-liter V-10 engine rated at 645 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world
- Unique Alcantara hand-crafted interior to assist driver stability under high G-loading features iconic ‘ACR’ dash badge and accent stitching
- Offers ‘1 of 1’ customization option for the ultimate personalized Viper track car
- Optional ACR Extreme Aero Package (late availability) delivers nearly 1 ton of peak downforce at top speed through massive adjustable dual-element carbon fiber rear wing, rear carbon fiber diffuser, unique SRT hood with removable louvers, detachable extension for the front splitter and additional dive planes
Production of the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR will begin in third quarter 2015 at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant. Vehicles will start arriving in dealerships in the third quarter of 2015.