Submit your Event, use form at bottom of page
- This event has passed.
WILTON CLASSIC AND SUPERCAR
June 3 - June 4
- The all-new Wilton Classic and Supercar (WCS) weekend has been confirmed for 3-4 June 2017 at the iconic Wilton House
- WCS is based on the new brand’s core tag line ‘Celebrating the Stories Behind the Cars We Love’ and is devoted to the people who make automotive history
- WCS 2017 explores automotive history while presenting the latest and greatest from ultimate classics and supercars to future technology
- There’ll also be competitions, exclusive talks and educational segments, coupled with music, fashion and culture
- The associated new website is set for launch on Thursday 17 November
Wilton Classic and Supercar – a major new event for the 2017 international automotive calendar and beyond – is confirmed for the weekend of 3-4 June 2017. The event will take place at the iconic Wilton House, which has been home to the Earls of Pembroke since Tudor times.
Designed as a season-opener, Wilton Classic and Supercar is the perfect place for guests to not only to see and hear some of the greatest high-performance cars of all time, but also to learn about the people that make automotive history.
Bringing together the latest and greatest supercars from around the world and their predecessors, WCS 2017 will stand apart in the packed international calendar of car events. The WCS brand slogan sums it all up: ‘Celebrating the Stories Behind the Cars We Love’.
Wilton Classic and Supercar will comprise over 10 sub-events, each one very different, providing entertainment and fascination throughout the weekend. Details of these will be revealed in the months leading up to the weekend and are shaped around three core events: the Wilton Wow!, the Wilton 6 Nations and the Wilton 100 – Concours d’Histoire.
The Wow! will be a daily gathering of 150 of the greatest supercars in the world – pre-1990 on Saturday, 1990-onwards on Sunday. The 6 Nations, meanwhile, celebrates automotive excellence and culture from around the globe in six dedicated national zones, while the Concours d’Histoire brings together a diverse variety of models with rich and interesting stories to tell. Owners can apply for their car to be displayed at Wilton Classic and Supercar 2017, via the all-new website.
Lord Pembroke, whose fascination with speed, power and all things automotive gave birth to the event, said: “This will be by far the biggest venture I have ever started at Wilton, and is the result of 18 months’ hard work. I have held relatively low-key supercar events here for several years, mostly as fundraisers, and supercars remain central to my vision, but the all-new WCS 2017 will be something very different. We will have around 700 cars on display in a host of different features and will be telling the story of the car in completely new ways. This will be a show like nothing staged before.”
The show has also spawned a new story-telling website – www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk – which is set to be launched on Thursday 17 November.
Designed as a story-telling portal, the website presents specialist writers together with user-generated material in a format similar to that of Instagram or a Tumblr blog. Pembroke’s Players – 20 writers making up the core expert team – will set the stage for members of the public to share their automotive stories with the world.
More information about Wilton Classic and Supercar, including ticket prices and further event details, will be revealed regularly over the months leading up to the weekend.
- Wilton House, where the Earls of Pembroke have lived since Tudor times, is not normally available for events. WCS is very much the exception to the rule and will allow for experiences no other event at Wilton has ever offered
- Wilton House and the Earls of Pembroke have a core relationship with Shakespeare and numerous authors – hence Wilton’s ‘right’ to tell stories
- Modern story-telling thrives at Wilton and 37 feature films and costume dramas have being made at Wilton since 1974, affirming Wilton’s status as a centre of story-telling through the ages
- Wilton Classic and Supercar is not a new name – Lord Pembroke held a two-day event for 14,000 visitors entitled that in 2015 – but it is now rebranded and totally revised, building on the best parts of the old local event to create something entirely new and much bigger than ever before for an international audience
- As many as 25,000 fans are expected at WCS 2017.
- The new event has been 18 months in the planning and is built upon an all-new community-based website, www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk – a portal where experts and the public can tell their automotive stories together
- WCS ticket prices will be released shortly, but the event is designed to appeal to all the family in an affordable manner
- Wilton House is situated in Wilton on the outskirts of the cathedral city of Salisbury, under two hours from London by car and rail (direct line from Waterloo)
Wilton Classic and Supercar
The Estate Office,
Salisbury, SP2 0BJ
To request further information, more images or bespoke content, please contact:
- Matt Master, WCS Press and Media Liaison:
T/ 07932 194466. E/ WCS_Media@wiltonhouse.com
- Or please contact the office on 01722 746717 (email as above)
Submit your Event