Tickets for the highly anticipated Wilton Classic & Supercar 2017 officially on sale – Book in advance to save over 15%
- Tickets are now on sale for the UK calendar’s most exciting new auto event of 2017, Wilton Classic & Supercar – a whole new interpretation of Lord Pembroke’s high-performance party
- Taking place at the incomparable Wilton House, the new WCS puts a completely new spin on a car show and is devoted to ‘Celebrating the Stories Behind the Cars We Love’
- This unique event takes place over 3-4 June 2017, and explores the past, present and future of the automotive industry in inspired new interactive ways
- Aside from over 650 of the world’s greatest automobiles on display, there will be talks and debate, education and inspiration, coupled with music, fashion and culture
- Advance tickets – the same price for Saturday and Sunday – are now available to buy from www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk and priced from £25 per day for adults or £37.50 for the weekend. With limited capacity it is sure to be a sell-out
Tickets for Wilton Classic & Supercar 2017 are now on sale six months ahead of the inaugural 3-4 June weekend. With Advance pricing around 15% lower than the Standard rates that will apply in due course, now is the time to book your slot at the freshest and most original car event of 2017.
Hosted by Lord Pembroke at his ancestral home of nearly 500 years, Wilton House is the perfect venue for guests not only to see the greatest hypercars, supercars and classic cars, including the industry’s latest, but also to learn about the people behind them and the many amazing stories they have to tell.
Lord Pembroke has been attracting supercars to Wilton since 2009 when he held his first supercar fundraiser, but a lot has changed since then and, having taken a year out to plan the all-new Wilton Classic and Supercar for 2017, something very special is promised for 3-4 June.
As Richard Sutton, WCS’s new Event Director explains, “The new Wilton Classic and Supercar is a very big investment by Lord Pembroke and its new features are designed to fascinate and entrance enthusiasts of all ages from the moment they arrive. The biggest and highest quality supercar rally in the country will be one big cornerstone, but there will be a huge breadth of insight and entertainment all weekend. At WCS it’s all about what people do with their cars – road trip, playlist, invention, adventure. It’s not just a bunch of cars on lawns.”
Lord Pembroke has an innate love for all things automotive; from modified street cars to supercars, pre-war race models, Italian and Japanese sports cars and Detroit muscle, but his passion for the motoring world is all-inclusive. Anything but a car snob, this Bugatti Veyron–owning Earl is fundamentally interested in the designing, building and using of the world’s finest automotive creations, whatever they cost.
Lord Pembroke says, “It doesn’t matter whether you have an exotic from the Vintage era, or a VW Beetle with a million miles on the clock, it’s the car’s story that matters at Wilton. So WCS 2017 will blend art and heritage with style and the love of speed and engineering. Our brand slogan sums it all up: ‘Celebrating the Stories Behind the Cars We Love’. It’s about the people who made – and make – automotive history”.
Wilton House has been home to the Earls of Pembroke since the Tudor times and is the perfect location for such a high-end event. Long-time regarded as the finest country house in England, Wilton not only has 21 acres of manicured gardens and parkland, but it also houses one of the world’s greatest private art collections. It’s literary history is stupendous, too, as the Earls of Pembroke were Shakespeare’s patrons. There can be no better place to tell the Story of the Car and on the weekend over 10 sub-events will provide entertainment and fascination for all the family.
Every one of these events – including the three core features, the Wilton Wow!, the Wilton 6 Nations and the Wilton 100 – The Concours d’Histoire, is being collated with the utmost care both from on-line applicants and specific cars and owners invited.
The Wilton Wow! is a gathering of 300 of the greatest supercars in the world – 150 from before 1990 on Saturday and 150 from 1990 onwards on Sunday; the 6 Nations celebrates automotive excellence and culture from around the globe in six dedicated national gardens and zones; and The Concours d’Histoire brings together a rich variety of models from every era with fascinating stories to tell.
Central to the event is its all-new website www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk which perfectly reflects the event’s focus on vehicles with inspiring histories. Written both by the public and Pembroke’s Players – a highly influential and charismatic core team of automotive experts – all are free to tell their stories to the world via the website. It’s a place where expert commentary and enthusiasts’ achievements combine. There are 20 Pembroke’s Players including the likes of Autocar’s legendary supercar road test editor, Steve Sutcliffe, adventure presenter, Tom Ford and designer Peter Stevens.
Advance tickets are now available to purchase online at www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk and priced from £25 per day for adults or £37.50 for the full weekend. One adult ticket bought in advance entitles entry for two children (age 14 and under) for free. Further children’s tickets (ages 3-14) cost £10 for one day or £15 for the weekend. Under 3s always enter for free. Premium adult tickets cost £50 per day or £75 for the weekend and gain access to the VIP Garden Enclosure hosting the Pembroke restaurant and Tate Bistro, plus the right to a privilege parking upgrade and access to the House during certain times each day.
- Wilton House, where the Earls of Pembroke have lived since Tudor times, is not normally available for events. WCS is very much the exception to the rule and will allow for experiences no other event at Wilton has ever offered
- Wilton House and the Earls of Pembroke have a core relationship with Shakespeare and numerous authors – hence Wilton’s ‘right’ to tell stories
- Modern story-telling thrives at Wilton and 37 feature films and costume dramas have being made at Wilton since 1974, affirming Wilton’s status as a centre of story-telling through the ages
- Wilton Classic and Supercar is not a new name – Lord Pembroke held a two-day event for 14,000 visitors entitled that in 2015 – but it is now rebranded and totally revised.
- As many as 25,000 fans are expected at WCS 2017.
- The new event has been 18 months in the planning and is built upon an all-new community-based website, www.wiltonclassicandsupercar.co.uk – a portal where experts and the public can tell their automotive stories together
- Wilton House is situated in Wilton on the outskirts of the cathedral city of Salisbury, under two hours from London by car and rail (direct line from Waterloo)
Wilton Classic and Supercar – a major new event for the 2017 international automotive calendar and beyond – is confirmed for the weekend of 3-4 June 2017. The event will take place at the iconic Wilton House, which has been home to the Earls of Pembroke since Tudor times.
Designed as a season-opener, Wilton Classic and Supercar is the perfect place for guests to not only to see and hear some of the greatest high-performance cars of all time, but also to learn about the people that make automotive history.
The all-new accompanying website is now live, too – a story-telling portal whereby the Wilton community can share their automotive tales and interact.
Bringing together the latest and greatest supercars from around the world and their equally iconic predecessors, WCS 2017 will stand apart in the packed international calendar of car events. The WCS brand slogan sums it all up: ‘Celebrating the Stories Behind the Cars We Love’.
Wilton Classic and Supercar will comprise over 10 sub-events, each one very different, providing entertainment and fascination throughout the weekend. Details of these will be revealed in the months leading up to the weekend and are shaped around three core events: the Wilton Wow!, the Wilton 6 Nations and the Wilton 100 – The Concours d’Histoire.
The Wow! will be a daily gathering of 150 of the greatest supercars in the world – pre-1990 on Saturday, 1990-onwards on Sunday. The 6 Nations, meanwhile, celebrates automotive excellence and culture from around the globe in six dedicated national zones, while the Concours d’Histoire brings together a diverse variety of models with rich and interesting stories to tell. Owners can apply for their car to be displayed at Wilton Classic and Supercar 2017, via the all-new website.
Lord Pembroke, whose fascination with speed, power and all things automotive gave birth to the event, said: “This will be by far the biggest venture I have ever started at Wilton, and is the result of 18 months’ hard work. I have held relatively low-key supercar events here for several years, mostly as fundraisers, and supercars remain central to my vision, but the all-new WCS 2017 will be something very different. We will have around 700 cars on display in a host of different features and will be telling the story of the car in completely new ways. This will be a show like nothing staged before.”
The show has also spawned a new story-telling website – www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk- which went live on Thursday 17 November.
Designed as a story-telling portal, the website presents specialist writers together with user-generated material in a format similar to that of Instagram or a Tumblr blog. Pembroke’s Players – 20 writers making up the core expert team – will set the stage for members of the public to share their automotive stories with the world.
More information about Wilton Classic and Supercar, including ticket prices and further event details, will be revealed regularly over the months leading up to the weekend.