2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid
2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Adds MPG, Extended Range with No Reduction in Inspired Style, Performance or Roominess
- 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid features Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid® one-motor/two-clutch system adapted to front-wheel drive/all-wheel drive
- Inspired design offers anticipated combined fuel economy of 26 miles per gallon, which is expected to be best-in-class* for any 7-passenger
luxury crossover - without any reduction in passenger or luggage space
- Offered with all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive
The 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid (formerly the Infiniti JX35) not only becomes the third hybrid in the Infiniti lineup when it goes on sale in late summer
2013, it adds a second powertrain choice for buyers of Infiniti's popular premium crossover vehicle. Along with the Q70 Hybrid (currently available as
the M Hybrid) and previously announced Q50 Hybrid, Infiniti will have a trio of advanced Direct Response Hybrids for the 2014 model year.
The new Infiniti QX60 Hybrid is projected to realize 26 miles per gallon fuel economy (combined city/highway driving) - a 24 percent increase over
non-hybrid QX60 models and is expected to have best 7-passenger fuel efficiency in the premium segment.* Most significantly, it does so with
absolutely no compromise of performance, interior roominess or cargo space compared to standard QX60 models. The QX60 Hybrid is projected to be
priced about $3,000 USD above the non-hybrid models, providing reduced emissions, enhanced fuel economy and extended driving range of more than 500 miles** without a major price premium.
The QX60 Hybrid is powered by a 2.5-liter supercharged engine and 15 kW electric motor connected to an advanced CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Net system horsepower is estimated at 250 horsepower.
Based on technology found in the Infiniti M35h Hybrid, the QX60 Hybrid's Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid® system uses a compact Lithium-ion battery
and electric motor to provide supplementary power through its one-motor/two-clutch system. The result is best-in-class fuel economy without
compromise of performance. An Intelligent Regenerative Braking system partially recharges the battery during vehicle braking.
In addition, with use of the compact Li-ion battery located under the 3rd row seat, the QX60 Hybrid maintains its flat rear floor for easier passenger access to the rear seats and no reduction of cargo room.
Said Infiniti Americas Vice President Ben Poore: "The QX60, launched in early 2012 as the Infiniti JX35, has quickly become one of the most popular
vehicles in the luxury crossover market. It has grown Infiniti's presence in the premium market by capturing family buyers with its advanced
7-passenger/3-row seating and stunning exterior and interior styling. The new QX60 Hybrid's inspired technology, including its compact design, offers
the benefits of a hybrid without the usual space and performance compromises - something that we believe will be extremely appealing to buyers."
Seating and Premium Features for Seven
As a fresh, bold alternative to the many flavors of vanilla currently dominating the luxury crossover segment, the Infiniti QX60 - both the new Hybrid
and the standard 3.5-liter V6 version - offers exceptional levels of interior flexibility and roominess, safety and advanced hospitality features. That
list includes segment-leading overall passenger volume, segment-leading rear cargo volume (3rd row seats folded, 2nd row seats in forward-most slide position) and access to 3rd row without removing a 2nd row child seat.
All QX60 models utilize a flat platform floor, which not only enhances 3rd row roominess and provides a long 2nd row total adjustment of 5.5-inches
fore and aft for versatile roominess and cargo carrying capacity, it also allows use of a more dramatic styling approach.
The aerodynamic shape of the QX60 results in a coefficient of drag of 0.34. A front underbody spoiler, integrated rear spoiler and rear tire deflectors
also help contribute to its zero front and rear lift for enhanced road holding. The exterior is highlighted by the dramatic, double-arch front
grille/headlight shape, double-wave hood, and crescent-cut D-pillar and greenhouse design. Automatic on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID)
bi-functional xenon headlights with windshield wiper interlock are standard, along with fog lights. Large LED taillights add a distinctive touch to the
rear, while a standard power rear liftgate enhances utility. Hybrid badges are added to the front quarter panels to designate Hybrid-equipped QX60 models.
Other exterior features include flat blade variable intermittent front windshield wipers, available rain-sensing front windshield wipers, rear window
intermittent wiper and defroster with timer, power folding heated outside mirrors with available reverse tilt-down feature, front door handle courtesy
lights, and UV-reducing solar glass and rear privacy glass. A power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding
sunshade is standard, while an available panoramic moonroof with power rear sunshade adds an open, airy feeling for rear passengers. The QX60 is
offered in exterior colors: Emerald Graphite, Glacial Silver, Diamond Slate, Liquid Platinum, Black Obsidian, Midnight Garnet and Moonlight White.
Inside the stunning body, thanks to the compact battery design and location under the 3rd row seat, the QX60 Hybrid's flexible interior offers nearly
six inches of 2nd row seat travel - allowing legroom and cargo space to be conveniently adjusted between the 2nd and 3rd rows as needed. The 3rd
row provides ample headroom and knee room for adults or children. Access to the 3rd row is surprisingly easy due to the wide door openings and long forward slide of the 2nd row seat.
The QX60's multi-mode 2nd row seat's unique forward movement function overcomes the typical problem of having to remove a 2nd row child seat for
entry or exit. The installed child seat moves forward with the 2nd row seat (40 percent side of 60/40 split-folding seat) without limiting 3rd row
access. In addition, both 2nd and 3rd row seats are split folding (60/40 2nd row, 50/50 3rd row) and recline for greater occupant comfort.
Beyond the practical innovations, the QX60 Hybrid's interior design combines elegance and fine craftsmanship. Key design features include the
signature driver-oriented cockpit, thin chrome accents, and an interior color palette that provides an elegant color harmony - Wheat, Graphite or Java leather appointments with Kasane Washi trim or available Maple trim accents.
Along with its wave-like flow, the instrument panel is highlighted by the Infiniti Intelligent-View display in the center meter cluster, along with large,
easy-to-read Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, and standard 7-inch color vehicle information display. Special HEV information screens are added to display Hybrid power usage and charge regeneration readouts.
Leather-appointed seating is standard, along with heated front seats with 8-way power driver's seat and 6-way power front passenger's seat.
Climate-controlled front seats (heating and cooling) are optionally available, as well as heated 2nd row outboard seats, as part of the HEV Deluxe Touring Package. A heated steering wheel is also available.
Also offered is a dual occupant memory system for the driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors. An Enhanced Intelligent Key that stores an
occupant memory position and last-used audio, climate control and navigation settings is also offered (an Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button
Ignition is standard). Other standard features include a Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control system with microfilter, rear-seat heater ducts
under the 1st and 2nd row seats, and rear console-mounted and 3rd row side trim air vents. Available as part of the HEV Deluxe Touring Package is
an Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier, Grape Polyphenol filter and auto recirculation.
Other interior comfort and convenience items include RearView Monitor, eight cupholders and four bottle holders, front and 2nd row armrests with
storage, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, six-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system, USB Connection Port for iPod® interface and other compatible
devices, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately).
A Connection with a Human Touch
The Infiniti QX60 Hybrid also offer technologies designed to make owners' lives a bit easier and more efficient, such as a 15-speaker Bose® Cabin
Surround® sound system with Acoustic Waveguide bass technology and an innovative Infiniti Connection telematics system that can provide
navigation guidance to appointments and automatically synch the owner's schedule through Google Calendar.
Infiniti Connection and Infiniti Connection Plus services are part of the HEV Premium Package and include 24-hour Automatic Crash Notification,
Emergency Call, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, stolen vehicle reporting, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Alarm Notification, Maintenance Alert, Scheduled
Maintenance Notification and My Schedule (via Google Calendar). Owners can route road trips with a Journey Planner and personalize news, sports
and stock reports via Mobile Information Services. Both Infiniti Connection and Infiniti Connection Plus are included complimentary for the first year of ownership.
Like all current Infiniti new model purchases, the QX60 Hybrid features the Infiniti Personal Assistant, Infiniti's personal concierge service with
24-hour access to a live team of professional assistants. The Infiniti Personal Assistant benefit is offered free-of-charge for four years. It allows
owners to make reservations, get directions, find points of interest, make dinner reservations, access gift services, answer trivia questions, and
receive a wide variety of other services at the touch of a button from inside the vehicle or through the owner's mobile or home phone.
Inspired Technology, including Backup Collision Intervention
The Infiniti QX60 Hybrid's Driver Assist Package includes the advanced Backup Collision Intervention (BCI) and Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI)
systems. With this technology, when the transmission is in reverse, the QX60 will help the driver detect crossing vehicles and objects behind the
QX60, and, if necessary, the system can automatically engage the brakes to help avoid a collision. Another advanced system utilized as part of the
all-around protection philosophy is the Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD). Building on the capabilities of the AVM
system, it shows the driver a virtual 360-degree image of the area around the QX60.
The MOD function helps enhance the driver's situational awareness by providing visual and audible warnings (front or back range object detection) if
the system detects moving objects (such as anther vehicle) within the displayed image in situations such as when pulling out of a parking space.
Using sophisticated image processing technology, the system detects moving objects within the "top view" (when the vehicle is in Park). When
starting off or backing up, it detects moving objects crossing within the front or rear views.
Other available technology includes both Infiniti's Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) systems, Blind Spot Warning
(BSW) system and Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI) system. The QX60 Hybrid also offers available advanced Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed
Range), Distance Control Assist (DCA), Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and front Pre-Crash Seat Belts.
The Infiniti QX60 Hybrid's list of standard safety features includes an Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags
with seat belt and occupant classification sensors; roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for outboard
occupant head protection for all three rows; front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags; 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners, load
limiters and seat belt reminder; 3-point seat belts for all rear seat occupants (including center position); LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers
for CHildren), Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones and steel side-door guard beams.
The standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) includes an individual tire pressure display and Tire Inflation Indicator, which provides both
visual and audible signals to help owners conveniently maintain correct tire pressures without the use of a gauge. Drivers can also monitor individual tire pressures from the interior display.
Also available is a Remote Engine Start System, which allows the owner the option of starting the vehicle remotely using the remote keyless entry
system. The system is ideal for warming or cooling the interior, prior to driving, as desired.
Balanced Performance and Fuel Efficiency
The new QX60 Hybrid is designed to balance driving enjoyment with fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. Its 2.5-liter supercharged engine and 15
kW electric motor connected to an advanced CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) produces estimated fuel economy of 26 mpg Combined for
both the front-wheel drive and Intelligent All-Wheel Drive models. Range, with the standard 19.5-gallon fuel tank, is rated at more than 500 miles**.
The gasoline engine is rated at 230 horsepower and 243 lb-ft of torque. The electric motor is rated at 20 horsepower, with net system horsepower
estimated at 250 hp. These figures compare to 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft or torque for the standard QX60's 3.5-liter V6 internal combustion
engine. Fuel economy (2013 EPA ratings) with the 3.5-liter V6 is rated at 24 mpg Highway, 18 mpg City and 21 mpg Combined for the FWD model and 23 mpg Highway, 18 mpg City and 20 mpg Combined for the AWD model.
The QX60 Hybrid, like the standard model, includes an Infiniti Drive Mode Selector, which uses a rotary switch mounted in the center console to allow
the driver to choose between four drive modes - Standard, Sport, Eco and Snow - depending on road and climate conditions. The system varies throttle response and shift schedules to optimize performance.
Responsive handling and flat ride comfort is provided by an independent strut front and multi-link rear suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars -
which combine with the high stiffness/low vibration sensitivity body to help create a quiet, comfortable interior environment for all occupant.
Linear, easy-to-operate steering comes from the vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering system. The available Active Trace Control system (part of
the optional Driver Assist Package) utilizes the QX60's standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system to help improve cornering feel, such as at
freeway speeds, by automatically applying the brakes or smoothing engine torque characteristics while accelerating.
The QX60's braking system is a 4-wheel vented disc design with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD), Brake
Assist and Regenerative Braking to automatically recharge the battery during braking by converting the vehicle's kinetic energy otherwise lost in braking.
Stylish 18-inch split 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/65R18 all-season tires are standard on every QX60 Hybrid, with 20-inch split 5-spoke
aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/55R20 all-season tires available as part of the HEV Deluxe Touring Package.
The 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid is offered in front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations with five available equipment packages: Driver
Assistance Package, Maple Interior Trim, HEV Premium Package and HEV Deluxe Touring Package.
2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid Press Kit: At A Glance
When the Infiniti QX60 was introduced for the 2013 model year (as the Infiniti JX), it shook up the status quo in the 7-passenger/3-row luxury
crossover segment with its bold styling, premium amenities, interior flexibility and advanced hospitality features. Consider the segment about to be
stirred once again with the late summer 2013 launch of the new 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid.
The QX60 Hybrid is projected to realize 26 miles per gallon fuel economy (combined city/highway driving) - a 24 percent increase over standard QX60
models and is expected to have best 7-passenger fuel efficiency in the premium segment.* The Infiniti QX60 Hybrid is projected to be priced about
$3,000 USD above the non-hybrid models, providing reduced emissions, enhanced fuel economy and extended driving range of more than 500 miles** without a major price premium.
In place of the standard QX60's 3.5-liter V6, the QX60 Hybrid utilizes a supercharged 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder and an electric motor powered by a
compact Lithium-ion battery pack located under the 3rd row seat - maintaining a flat rear floor for easier passenger access to the rear seats and no
impact to passenger or cargo room versus standard QX60 models. Net system horsepower is estimated at 250 horsepower.
Based on technology found in the Infiniti M35h Hybrid, the QX60 Hybrid's Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid® system uses a compact Lithium-ion battery
and electric motor to provide supplementary power through its one-motor/two-clutch system. The system also includes an advanced Continuously
Variable Transmission (CVT) to provide high responsiveness and seamless, efficient shifting feel.
The result is best-in-class fuel economy without compromise of performance. An Intelligent Regenerative Braking system partially recharges the
battery during vehicle braking. The Hybrid powertrain is offered in both front-wheel drive and with Intelligent All-Wheel Drive configurations.
The QX60 Hybrid also features Hybrid badges on the front quarter panels and a hybrid information screens in the center cluster meter display showing Hybrid power usage and charge regeneration readouts.
Like the standard QX60, the Hybrid offers real 3-row utility, plus all the premium features, performance and innovations that Infiniti has become
known for worldwide. Along with its standout styling and craftsmanship, the breakthrough QX60 design offers excellent legroom in all three rows and
ample cargo room behind the 3rd row. In addition, an innovative multi-mode middle seat design provides entry to the 3rd row without removing a 2nd row child seat.
Key interior features include the signature driver-oriented cockpit, thin chrome accents, and an interior color palette that provides an elegant color
harmony - Wheat, Graphite or Java leather appointments with Kasane Washi or available Maple accents.
The QX60 also continues Infiniti's tradition of developing world's first technologies with available Backup Collision Intervention (BCI) and Blind Spot
Intervention® (BSI) systems. With this technology, when the transmission is in reverse, the QX60 will help the driver detect crossing vehicles, as
well as other large objects behind the vehicle, and, if necessary, the system can automatically engage the brakes to help avoid a collision.
Among the other advanced standard or available technology found throughout every QX60 are Infiniti ConnectionTM telematics system with Google
CalendarTM, Drive Zone/Speed Alert and Infiniti Personal AssistantTM; Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD); Lane
Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP); Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI) system; Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range);
Distance Control Assist (DCA); Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW); Active Trace Control; Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts;
and a Bose® Cabin Surround® 15-speaker sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding and new Acoustic Waveguide subwoofer.
The 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid is offered in two fully equipped models - QX60 HEV FWD and QX60 HEV AWD - and is manufactured in Smyrna, Tenn. Highlights of the 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid include:
- Bold front chrome double-arch signature Infiniti grille, double-wave hood
- Distinctive crescent-cut D-pillar and greenhouse shape
- Automatic on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights with manual levelizer
- Fog lights
- LED taillights and center high-mounted stoplight (CHMSL)
- Flat blade, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Available rain-sensing front windshield wipers
- Rear window intermittent wiper and defroster with timer
- Power folding, heated outside mirrors with available reverse tilt-down feature
- Front door handle courtesy lights
- Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
- Available panoramic moonroof with power rear sunshade
- Power rear liftgate
- UV-reducing solar glass, rear privacy glass
- Front underbody spoiler, integrated tunnel rear spoiler, rear tire deflectors
- 0.34 Cd and zero lift front and rear
- Hybrid badging on front quarter panels
- Seven available exterior colors: Emerald Graphite, Glacial Silver, Diamond Slate, Liquid Platinum, Black Obsidian, Midnight Garnet and Moonlight White
Engine and Driveline
- Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid® system - combines compact laminated lithium-ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control
- 2.5-liter DOHC supercharged 4-cylinder gasoline engine producing 230 horsepower and 243 lb-ft of torque
- 15 kW electric motor rated at 20 horsepower
- Hybrid system net power: 250 horsepower
- Front engine/front-wheel drive or available Infiniti Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- Sport-tuned Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with manual shift mode and Sport mode, which mimics a step transmission
- Infiniti Drive Mode Selector with Standard, Sport, Snow or Eco modes (controls throttle response and transmission mapping)
- Available Remote Engine Start System
Suspension, Steering and Braking
- Independent strut front suspension, stabilizer bar
- Multi-link rear suspension with pre-compressed damper mount (increases damping force without road noise deterioration), stabilizer bar
- Rebound spring shock absorber design
- Vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering
- Available Active Trace Control
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist, 12.6-inch front and 12.13-inch rear
- Regenerative braking system
- 2-wheel or 4-wheel Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS)
- 18 x 7.5-inch, split 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/65R18 all-season tires
- Available 20 x 7.5-inch, split 5-spoke polished forged aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/55R20 all-season tires
- 7-passenger seating capacity
- Standard leather-appointed seating for all three rows
- 8-way power driver's seat, 6-way power front passenger's seat
- Available dual occupant memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
- Heated front seats, available heated 2nd row seats (outboard only)
- Available climate-controlled front seats (heating and cooling)
- Standard 60/40-split folding, sliding 2nd row bench seat with a total of 5.5 inches of fore and aft travel
- 2nd row multi-mode seat function, which allows access to the 3rd row without removing a child seat
- 50/50 split folding 3rd row seat with recline feature
- Standard Infiniti Intelligent-View Display
- Hybrid power usage and charge regeneration information displays
- Kasane Washi interior trim, available Maple interior accents
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, available heated steering wheel
- Power windows with one-touch up/down feature with auto reverse
- Power door locks with automatic locking feature
- Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system
- Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof
- 8 cupholders and 4 bottle holders
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control with microfilter
- Available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto-recirculation, Grape Polyphenol Filter and Plasmacluster® air purifier
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Illuminated Push Button Ignition
- Available Enhanced Intelligent Key that stores occupant memory position and last-used audio, climate control and navigation settings
- Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges
- Standard RearView Monitor with 7-inch color vehicle information display
- Infiniti Controller for vehicle information systems and comfort and convenience features
- Hybrid information screens in the meter display show Hybrid power usage and charge regeneration readouts
- Available Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with 8-inch WVGA color touch-screen display; NavTraffic with Real-Time Traffic Information,
- NavWeather with Real-Time Weather Information and 3-day forecast (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), Zagat Survey® Restaurant Guide
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
- Available Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Sonar System
- 6-speaker audio system with AM/FM/CD
- Available Bose® 13-speaker Premium Sound System, including Acoustic Waveguide subwoofer
- Available Bose® Cabin Surround® sound system with 15 speakers, including a new Acoustic subwoofer and 5.1 processing
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
- USB connection port for use with iPod® Interface and other compatible devices
- Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
- Available Theater Package with dual 7-inch color monitors, two wireless headphones, wireless remote control, auxiliary input jacks, and 120V power outlet
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
- Available Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Available Infiniti Connection including Automatic Crash Notification, Emergency Call, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, My Schedule, and Remote
- Door Lock/Unlock; and Infiniti Connection Plus including Drive Zone, Speed Alert, Destination Assistance, and in-vehicle access to Infiniti Personal Assistant
Safety and Security
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Zone Body Construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure display and Tire Inflation Indicator
- Available Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Available Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI)
- Available Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) systems
- Available Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Available Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts
Models and Manufacturing
- Available as Infiniti QX60 Hybrid FWD and Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD
- Assembled in Smyrna, Tenn.
# # #
*EPA estimate not yet available. Preliminary estimate, combined city/highway mpg, Ward's 2013 Luxury Large SUV Segment.
**526.5-mile estimated range calculated using 2014 EPA Fuel Economy Estimate 27 mpg Highway multiplied by 19.5 gallon capacity. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions - use for comparison only.