- Ford dealers can now begin placing orders for 2015 Mustang fastback
- 2015 Mustang fastback includes many new standard features such as fully independent suspension, push-button start, next-generation SYNC® AppLink™and a choice of three powerful engines
- All-new Mustang EcoBoost® and Mustang GT available with 50 Years Appearance Package
For Ford Mustang fans everywhere, today they are one big step closer to experiencing the next generation as Ford has begun accepting dealer orders for the 2015 fastback.
Ever since the world got its first look at the all-new 2015 Mustang nearly six months ago, the anticipation has been palpable. Ford engineers have been racking up millions of testing miles, refining each system to make sure everything is just right before the first Mustangs reach customers later this year.
“From the six cities around the globe where we revealed the all-new Mustang, to auto shows to the recent 50-year celebration events, we’ve received an amazing response from people when they finally see the new model,” said Steve Ling, Ford car marketing manager. “This car is all-new with enhanced sophistication and craftsmanship, but it still exudes the essence of Mustang that’s been honed throughout its history.”
Customers can choose from three available powerplants for the 2015 Mustang, each of which can be paired with an upgraded six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters:
- All-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost®, producing more than 305 horsepower and 300 lb.-ft. of torque and with projected class-leading fuel efficiency
- Upgraded 5.0-liter V8, generating more than 420 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque
- Upgraded 3.7-liter V6, producing more than 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
In addition to a sleek new design and dramatically improved cabin, each 2015 Mustang adds an array of new standard features:
- Fully independent front and rear suspension for improved driving dynamics and ride quality
- Eight airbags including front, knee and side-impact protection for driver and front passenger
- Individual tire pressure monitor readouts for each wheel
- Rear view camera system
- High-intensity discharge headlamps with signature lighting
- Illuminated, locking glove box
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with manual tilt and telescope adjustment
- Intelligent access, enabling the driver to enter without touching the key fob
- Push-button start
- SYNC® connectivity system with next-generation AppLink™ to control smartphone apps with simple voice commands; 4.2-inch color display and two USB ports
The ample standard equipment list can be further augmented with the availability of advanced technology features such as:
- Eight-inch, high-resolution touch-screen display and navigation
- Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert upgraded with Doppler-effect radar sensors to provide both improved sensitivity at longer distances and better resistance to false alerts
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning for the first time
- Track Apps provide a variety of on-track performance measurements for drivers
- Selectable drive modes feature lets the driver quickly adjust steering, throttle response, shift control and stability control settings by toggling between normal, snow-wet, sport and track modes
- Mustang GT easy to use electronic line lock and a launch control system that manages engine speed and brakes, giving drivers maximum and consistent acceleration at the track
A 50 Years appearance package is available for Mustang EcoBoost Premium and Mustang GT Premium models. The appearance package includes a chrome-accented grille, round 50 Years rear badge, 19×8.5-inch alloy wheels with 255/40R19 all-season tires, anniversary floor mats and unique seat and door-trim stitching.
The 2015 Ford Mustang fastback with 3.7-liter V6 starts at just $24,425 including destination and delivery charges in the United States. Mustang will be available from Ford dealers in North America this fall.
IN SEARCH OF FANS WHO EMBODY THE SPIRIT OF FORD MUSTANG – #MUSTANGANDME CONTEST TIED TO BET AWARDS 2014 LAUNCHES
- Ford is on the hunt to find individuals who best embody the spirit and passion of the all-new Ford Mustang with the kickoff of its #MustangAndMe contest
- One grand prize winner will be awarded the keys to a 2015 Ford Mustang
- Consumers are encouraged to enter the 2014 BET Awards #MustangAndMe contest by submitting an original video to http://www.bet.com/MustangAndMe, now through June 3
Do you embody the spirit and passion of Ford Mustang? Are you a die-hard Mustang fan? If so, Ford is looking for you as part of its 2014 BET Awards #MustangAndMe contest.
One grand prize winner will be announced during the live broadcast of the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday, June 29, getting the keys to an all-new 2015 Mustang. This contest is the latest initiative in the celebrations that have been taking place for months to mark 50 years of Ford Mustang.
“For five decades, Mustang has represented some of the best American culture, inspiring a feeling of freedom and independence,” said Shawn Thompson, manager, Ford multicultural marketing. “For this contest, we are looking for individuals to showcase how they embody the passion and spirit of Mustang through a 60-second video.”
Fans 18 and older can enter the 2014 BET Awards #MustangAndMe contest by visiting http://www.bet.com/MustangAndMe now through 6 p.m. EDT June 3 for the chance to win the Mustang giveaway. The same link can be used for fans wishing to cast their vote for the winning video submission.
To be entered in the contest, fans must create and upload an original 60-second video showing and telling how they embody the Mustang life.
“This marks the first year we’ve ever had a Mustang at the BET Awards,” said Thompson. “As we mark 50 years of this automotive and cultural icon, it’s a perfect year for us to bring a Mustang to one of the most watched awards shows on cable television and give it away to a fan who most embodies the spirit and passion of the car.”