Maranello, 10 January – Recent trends in classic car prices have brought an increase in interest for classic Ferraris which, in turn, is providing an upsurge in requests for certifications and restoration projects for Ferrari’s in-house specialist department, Ferrari Classiche.
Currently in the factory’s workshop are no fewer than five of the 36 250 GTOs built between 1962 and 1964, a model which has attained record prices at private treaty sales. They are just some of the 24 historically significant and valuable classic Ferraris cars now gathered under one roof in the recently renovated Classiche department.
Along with the 250 GTOs are two 250 Testa Rossas, including the 1957 car that Phil Hill drove to victory at the 1958 24 Hours of Le Mans, as well as three of just 32 250 LMs produced. Other significant cars include three short wheelbase 250 GT Berlinettas, a 1956 500 TR, and the 512 M that came 4th overall at the 1971 24 Hours of Le Mans.
To date the Classiche department has completed over 60 full, ground-up restorations – several of which have gone on to considerable success in international Concours d’Elegance – and processed over 3800 authentication certification applications. In addition, thanks to the department’s exclusive access to the company’s original technical designs and moulds, Classiche has cast numerous new engine parts, including 25 new V12 cylinder blocks and a similar number of cylinder heads, to help restore cars to original specifications.
Thanks to the services offered by Ferrari Classiche, today Ferrari collectors have access to the most authoritative restoration expertise to return their cars to original factory condition.
You must be logged in to post a comment.