- ŠKODA offers full Winter Health Check for just £30 across retail network
- FreeŠKODA winter care kit worth £23 included
- Seven-point checklist covers brakes and lights
- Inspections carried out by fully-qualified ŠKODA technicians
- Large range of winter tyres available at competitive prices
Milton Keynes, 20 November 2013 – To help ŠKODA owners stay safe and secure as the temperature dips, ŠKODA is urging customers to take advantage of its Winter Health Check offer. For just £30, motorists can have their cars treated to a comprehensive seven-point examination by fully-trained technicians at any of the 134 ŠKODA retailers in the UK. Each customer will also receive a full vehicle condition report, as well as a ŠKODAbranded gift bag worth £23, which includes a de-icer, screen wash, and an ice scraper.
The checklist focuses on the key areas of a vehicle that may suffer the most during the winter months:
These are inspected for any blown bulbs and incorrect beam alignment. Essential for keeping lights nice and bright as the days get darker.
2 Wiper blades
Visibility can be at a premium during the winter months, so all blades are looked at for wear and damage.
3 Windscreen washer fluid
A clean and dry windscreen means better visibility. The vehicle will be topped up with the correct antifreeze fluid to prevent any ice build-ups.
Responsive brakes are essential at any time of year, but in winter they are even more important. Discs, pads and fluid levels are inspected as part of the check to ensure perfect operation.
Often taken for granted, tyres are put under enormous stress during the winter months. ŠKODA technicians will thoroughly check the condition of all tyres, highlighting any potential problem areas.
To help owners to get the most out of their vehicles in cold and wet conditions, ŠKODA retailers are also offering winter tyre packages at very competitive prices. Winter tyres are designed with special tread patterns that deliver improved grip at temperatures below 7ºC, and are recommended for all drivers venturing out over the colder months.
Cold weather can put a great strain on the battery, so this key component is evaluated thoroughly as part of the winter check.
It may sound like a unusual thing to worry about in winter, but air conditioning is a great ally in the battle to keep windscreens and windows mist-free. The state of the system and its effectiveness will be assessed.
The Winter Health Checks can be carried out at any ŠKODA retailer nationwide, by skilled technicians who have the knowledge and expertise to service vehicles using genuine approved ŠKODA parts, all of which carry a two year unlimited mileage warranty.
- ŠKODA UK enjoyed the most successful ten months in its history between January and October 2013, achieving more than 55,200 new car registrations, which passes last year’s benchmark of 53,200.
- In 2013, ŠKODA UK has already received more than 15 major awards, with both the Yeti and Superb taking number one spots in national customer satisfaction surveys.
- The manufacturer now boasts an award-winning seven car line-up, comprising the Citigo, Fabia, Rapid, Octavia, Superb, Yeti and Roomster.
- Part of ŠKODA’s long-standing association with cycling, double Olympian Ed Clancy is a brand ambassador for ŠKODA UK.
- ŠKODA Motorsport repeated its double win in 2012 as IRC Drivers’ & Manufacturers’ Champions, with Andreas Mikkelsen bringing home the IRC Drivers’ title for ŠKODA UK Motorsport in a factory-prepared Fabia Super 2000.