- New Ram 1500 Mopar products, including 2-inch lift kit, off-road wheel flares, off-road beadlock-capable wheels and off-road style running boards, enhance all-new 2019 Ram 1500
- Unique new Mopar Ram Rack adds all-purpose utility with safe and secure storage of lifestyle equipment and gear
- Additional parts and accessories, including “Ram Airflow” cold-air intake system, vehicle graphics and more, highlight Mopar brand’s 200-plus product menu for all-new Ram
The customized show truck highlights the large menu of Mopar products, created through thousands of hours of testing and validation, available for the all-new Ram 1500. The fit, finish and function of all Mopar parts and accessories were developed in close concert with Ram Truck engineers and designers to harmonize with the all-new Ram.
“At the Chicago Auto Show, Mopar is showcasing the art of the possible when it comes to accessorizing the all-new Ram 1500,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “With more than 200 parts and accessories, available at launch, Mopar delivers the largest array of factory-backed, authentic products to personalize the new Ram 1500 and make it truly one of a kind.”
The Flame Red 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 4×4 showcased at the Chicago Auto Show is equipped for the outdoors with a 2-inch Mopar lift kit that delivers additional off-road clearance and an aggressive appearance, while accommodating oversize, large tread 35-inch tires. Mopar 18-inch, six-lug off-road beadlock-capable wheels with matching trim rings keep the tires pegged to the rims when aired down for increased off-road grip and traction.
Black Mopar off-road wheel flares accentuate the 35-inch tires and provide additional defense against trail hazards. Durable, body-length Mopar off-road cast aluminum running boards add both visual appeal and functionality, with a skid-resistant stepping surface that offers better grip in muddy or wet conditions.
The 5-ft. x 7-ft. bed features a unique Mopar offering that will be available in the near future — a lifestyle Ram Rack, first shown as a prototype part on the Ram Macho Power Wagon concept vehicle at the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show. Large gear can be secured to the truck, demonstrating the capacity of the Ram Rack to store and transport a variety of lifestyle equipment.
The rear Ram Rack is adjustable, with the ability to slide all the way up to the front Ram Rack. The Ram Rack system mounts to the available production bed utility rails. A Mopar bed step, featuring an articulating arm, lowers down for easy access.
The new Mopar “Ram Airflow” cold-air intake system feeds a steady flow of fresh air to the 395-horsepower, 410 lb.-ft. of torque, 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine. The intake, scheduled for availability later this year, is compatible with all hood applications for the all-new Ram and works in concert with the Mopar performance cat-back exhaust, which is constructed from AL409 stainless steel and emits a deep exhaust note.
Mopar 5-inch dual exhaust tips complete the package and feature dual wall thickness, fitting snug to the bumper and providing a smoother edge. Other exterior touches include matching black Mopar hood graphic stripes, blacked-out Ram emblems and badging, front tow hooks and a Mopar logo hitch plug.
Inside, premium black Katzkin leather seats in the front and back are embroidered with Rebel red Ram’s head logos on the seatbacks. The same Rebel red stitching also accents the seats, door trim and center console. New Mopar all-weather floor mats are embellished with the Ram’s head logo and constructed with deeper channels and higher, more rigid sidewalls to contain water and other debris. Mopar brushed aluminum door sill guards carry the R-A-M text logo.
Mopar Custom Shop
All-new Ram 1500 owners can add select Mopar accessories even before taking the keys via the Mopar Custom Shop.
Mopar products installed at the Mopar Custom Shop prior to vehicle delivery are covered by the original warranty and included in the Monroney label, giving the consumer the added advantage of having their customization included in the financing package.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with trucks that are proven to last.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Highest Ram torque ever – 930 lb.-ft. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Highest 5th wheel towing capacity – 30,000 lbs. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 27 mpg with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most luxurious trim available in pickups with Ram Tungsten Limited Edition
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
During the brand’s 80-plus years, Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- wiADVISOR: first to incorporate a tablet-based service lane tool
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals on a smartphone app
You must be logged in to post a comment.