DODGE DURANGO EARNS NEW STRIPES, CARBON FIBER INTERIOR AND MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS
- New dual-center stripes available in five different colors add sinister factory-custom look — available on Dodge Durango R/T and SRT
- Enhanced SRT Interior Appearance Group brings authentic carbon fiber upgrades to the Durango SRT’s cabin
- New Mopar performance exhaust systems improve flow and add an unmistakable note — available on Dodge Durango R/T and SRT
- New Mopar performance lowering spring kit delivers improved handling and lower stance — available on Dodge Durango SRT; lowers the fastest SUV in its class an average of 15 mm (0.6 inches) closer to the pavement
- Dodge Durango SRT is the most powerful and fastest three-row SUV with its legendary 475-horsepower HEMI® V-8 engine and National Hot Rod Association–certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds that also outhauls every three-row SUV on the road with best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
New for 2018, Durango R/T and SRT models will feature factory-custom stripes and available performance exhaust systems. The Durango SRT will also offer an available carbon fiber interior and performance lowering spring kit, giving the menacing SUV an even lower stance and improved handling. Dodge will showcase the new features at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show, Feb. 7-19.
“Our Dodge//SRT performance enthusiasts are always looking for ways to make their vehicle their own,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “The available stripes and carbon fiber throughout the interior really give Durango a custom look from the factory, and they are perfectly complemented by Mopar’s available exhaust systems and performance springs, which make Durango even more fun to drive.”
New features available in the coming months include:
- New dual-center exterior stripe design covers the front and rear fascias, hood, portions of the roof and the tailgate. The dual stripe is tailored to the signature NACA duct-hood vent to emphasize the Durango R/T and Durango SRT models functional yet aggressive design. With a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,195, the stripes are offered in five colors: Bright Blue, Flame Red, Gunmetal Low Gloss (metallic finish), Low Gloss Black and Sterling Silver (metallic finish). Dealer orders for the new stripe package will start in March 2018.
- Mopar’s new performance exhaust systems are bolt on, high-performance units factory-tuned for improved flow, sound and overall performance. The exhaust system’s chromium 304 stainless steel construction improves corrosion resistance. Stainless steel band-style clamps provide tight seals and make installation easy. Welded and polished 4-inch tips provide an aggressive appearance. Both exhaust systems were developed in concert with Dodge//SRT engineers and designers, which provided access to proprietary sound data, creating unique and unmistakable sound characteristics. The new performance exhaust system for the Durango SRT (Part Number 77072487) is priced at a U.S. MSRP of $1,850 and will be available in the second quarter of 2018. The new Durango R/T system (Part Number 77072479) is priced at a U.S. MSRP of $1,595 and is available now.
- Mopar’s performance lowering spring kit enhances the Durango SRT’s already outstanding high-speed cornering stability and consistency. The new springs lower the fastest SUV in its class an average of 15 mm (0.6 inches) closer to the pavement for improved handling and an in-your-face vehicle stance. As with the performance exhaust, Mopar worked closely with Dodge//SRT engineers and used proprietary data — unavailable to the aftermarket — to tune the lowering springs to the factory-fitted dampers. Performance gains include less rear-end squat during acceleration, less nose dive under braking and reduced body roll while cornering. The new performance lowering spring kit (Part Number 77072488) is priced at a U.S. MSRP of $325 and will be available in March.
- The new SRT Interior Appearance Group, which features a premium-wrapped instrument panel, Dinamica soft-touch headliner and accent paint on speaker trim rings, adds an authentic carbon-fiber instrument panel and door bezels. Available for orders in February at a U.S. MSRP of $2,495.
2018 Dodge Durango Fact Sheet
The latest technology includes a programmable digital instrument cluster, available class-exclusive 9-inch dual screen Blu-ray and DVD player, available Beats premium audio system, 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen radio with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, navigation and a function to view trailed items through the rear mounted camera while the Durango is in motion. Durango’s available three-row seating offers spaciousness and flexibility with 85 cu. ft. of cargo capacity, 50 different seating configurations, including available second-row captain’s chairs.
New for 2018
- New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is the fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV with its 475-horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque stemming from the legendary 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 engine, a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)–certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds and can go 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 4.4 seconds
- Durango SRT out-hauls every three-row SUV on the road with best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- New exterior performance features on Durango R/T and SRT include widebody exterior design and functional SRT hood with center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a new front fascia and lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Durango GT models equipped with the Blacktop or Brass Monkey Appearance Package now offer an available performance functional hood with center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors like the one seen on R/T and SRT models
- Standard leather and suede, available high-performance Demonic Red Laguna leather seating, and new carbon-fiber trim distinguish Durango SRT’s performance interior
- All customers who buy a new Durango SRT will receive one full-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
- New for 2018, Dodge Durango models are equipped with standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto through the latest version of Uconnect’s 8.4-inch touchscreen radio system
- New sport steering wheel, standard on all 2018 Durango models, with paddle shifters
- New driver-oriented electronic shifter, standard on all 2018 Durango models, provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control
- All Durango models now feature a 7-inch touchscreen radio system and backup camera as standard equipment
- Durango SXT models now feature a leather sport steering wheel and rear park assist
- Durango GT models now feature power liftgate and Capri and suede bucket leather seats. Capri leather seats are also available. The Technology Group is now available as an option
- For 2018, both Durango Citadel and SRT models are available with Dinamica suede headliner and A-pillars, adding to the premium feel
- Front Park Assist joins ParkSense® Park Assist System with sensors in the front bumper to detect obstacles and includes a shut-off switch and is standard on Durango R/T, Citadel and SRT models
- B5 Blue (exclusively on Durango R/T and SRT models) and In Violet Metallic exterior paint colors make their debut on Durango for the 2018 model year
- The new Dodge Durango SRT is loaded with performance features designed to make it America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV, including the proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8 that delivers 475 horsepower, 470 lb.-ft. of torque, 4.4 second 0-60 mph times and best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine produces a best-in-class 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque with a best-in-class tow rating of 7,400 pounds. Fuel Saver Technology with cylinder-deactivation seamlessly alternates between smooth, high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode and V-8 mode when more power is in demand
- Durango’s standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine generates 290 horsepower (295 horsepower on Blacktop Package and SXT Anodized Platinum) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Equipped with the V-6, Durango can tow a best-in-class 6,200 pounds. In addition, engine stop start (ESS) is standard on the V-6 and lowers emissions while also saving fuel
- A driver’s SUV, the 2018 Dodge Durango delivers excitement and modernized refinement thanks to its world-class suspension, structural refinements and performance driving characteristics, all of which are usually found on premium performance SUVs at much higher price points
- The Dodge Durango’s rear-wheel-drive-based drivetrain is the foundation for its outstanding on-road driving performance. Available all-wheel drive (AWD) further enhances driver confidence by leveraging the SUV’s 50/50 weight distribution. The new Durango SRT features standard all-wheel drive. The Durango’s two available AWD systems greatly enhance the vehicle’s traction and handling
- While competitors have switched to front-wheel-drive car-based platforms, the HEMI®-powered all-wheel-drive Durango features a low-range transfer case with a neutral position. Low range improves light off-road performance and helps ease maneuvers, such as pulling a boat up a steep launch or backing up with a trailer. The neutral position in the transfer case allows the vehicle to be flat-towed without damaging powertrain components
- The 2018 Dodge Durango features a standard eight-speed automatic transmission with driver-oriented electronic shifter and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- With standard five-passenger seating, optional seven-passenger seating and second-row captain’s chairs available on GT, R/T and Citadel models, the seats in the 2018 Dodge Durango can be configured in 50 different ways. Durango SRT features standard second-row captain’s chairs and six-passenger seating
- Families with three or more children will find the Durango’s available captain’s chairs with pass through especially helpful as two car seats can be latched into each of the second-row seats, and there’s still easy pass-through for passengers to walk between to get to the third row
- A versatile 60/40 split folding second-row seat conveniently folds and tumbles. Transporting long items, like 10-foot 2x4s, is not a problem as the left side of the second-row folds 60 percent, allowing the versatility of folding the 40 percent seat in tandem with the front passenger fold-flat seat. To make passengers more comfortable, second-row seats also are available with heat and they recline 18 degrees
- The third-row seat features a 50/50 split and is easily folded from the rear of the vehicle. For even more utility, both the second- and third-row seats fold to provide a flat load floor. A switch in the instrument panel remotely lowers third-row headrests when not in use
- Uconnect is available via either a standard 7-inch or available 8.4-inch touchscreen, the latter of which is the largest touchscreen in its class and features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Durango offers a class-exclusive Blu-ray video rear entertainment system with two high-resolution 9-inch screens, one on each front seat back. Each screen allows customers to watch their movies on Blu-ray or standard DVDs or play their gaming systems via inputs for HDMI or RCA cables for each screen integrated into the front seat backs. Wireless headphones are included as is a wireless remote
- The 2018 Dodge Durango offers consumers more than 60 available safety and security features, with seven standard airbags, including full-length three-row side-curtain airbags, standard front-seat mounted side-thorax air bags, front-row active head restraints, standard trailer-sway control and available forward collision warning with crash mitigation, adaptive cruise control with stop, Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection, Uconnect Access with 9-1-1 call and roadside assistance
For 2018, the Dodge Durango lineup consists of five models:
- SRT (new for 2018)
- B5 Blue (NEW – available on R/T and SRT)
- In Violet Metallic (NEW)
- Octane Red Pearl
- Redline Pearl (available on GT, Blacktop, R/T and SRT only)
- Stout Brown Pearl
- Blu By You Pearl
- Bruiser Gray
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Billet Silver Metallic
- DB Black Crystal
- White Knuckle
- Vice White Tri-Coat Pearl
- Black/Light Frost Beige
- Black/Radar Red
- Black/Sepia (Citadel Anodized Platinum only)
- Demonic Red (NEW – available on SRT)
New for 2018, Dodge Durango Buyers Can Get SRT Attitude With Every Durango Powertrain
- New for 2018, Durango R/T models now share the same front fascia, performance hood, lower valence, and LED fog lamps first seen on new 2018 Durango SRT that debuted at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show
- Functional performance hood that debuted on new 2018 Durango SRT is now available on Durango GT when equipped with Blacktop or Brass Monkey Appearance Package
- New hood features center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Front Park Assist joins ParkSense® Park Assist System is standard on Durango R/T models and features sensors in the front bumper to detect obstacles; includes a shut-off switch
- Durango GT models now feature standard power liftgate and Capri and suede bucket leather seats. Capri leather seats are also available. The Technology Group is now available as an option
- B5 Blue (available exclusively on Durango R/T and SRT models, late availability) debuts on Durango for the 2018 model year and is the first time it’s offered on Durango
- All Durango models now feature a backup camera, new sport steering wheel and driver oriented electronic T-shifter
Now, new for 2018, all Durango R/T models share the all-new Durango SRT’s aggressive, functional performance hood and fascia as standard equipment. The performance hood features a center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, a front lower valence that houses a new cold-air duct system and LED fog lamps. Durango GT models equipped with the Blacktop or Brass Monkey appearance package now offer the performance hood, first seen on Durango SRT, as an available option.
“Performance is more than stats, at Dodge performance is an attitude that permeates through everything we do,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “And new for 2018, Durango buyers can get SRT attitude with every Durango powertrain – from the 295 horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 to the 360 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 to the new 475 horsepower 6.4-liter SRT – strengthening the brand’s promise to deliver performance vehicles with world-class power, technology and standout styling our customers have come to expect.”
In addition to the new front fascia, Durango R/T is one of only two models to be available in a B5 Blue exterior color (late availability); Durango SRT being the other. Front Park Assist, which uses sensors in the front bumper, is now included with ParkSense® Park Assist System and is now standard on Durango R/T models. New for 2018, Durango GT models now feature a standard power liftgate and Capri and suede bucket leather seats. Capri leather seats and the Technology Group are also available as standalone options, as well.
For 2018, all Durango models feature a backup camera, a new sport steering wheel and driver-oriented electronic T-shifter which provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control. Customers can also opt for the available hand wrapped instrument panel with accent stitching.
Dodge continues to deliver customization and features that its loyal Durango customers love. Durango R/T’s new look is standard with a BeatsAudio nine-speaker audio system that includes a subwoofer and a 506-watt amplifier. This BeatsAudio premium audio system offers studio quality sound in the customer’s vehicle, available on the Durango GT and Citadel, and standard on R/T. The Dodge Durango boasts class-leading towing and driving range, confident driving dynamics, advanced technology, aggressive styling, and with the addition of the new exterior performance fascia on R/T, now offers even more ways customers can stand out in a sea of sameness.
Dealers are currently able to place orders and vehicles will start arriving in dealerships in the third quarter of 2017. Pricing for the 2018 Dodge Durango will be announced closer to vehicles arriving at dealers.
The Dodge Durango’s combination of uncompromised utility, advanced technology, class-leading towing and driving range, confident driving dynamics and aggressive styling make it the Dodge Charger of the SUV segment. For 2018, Dodge builds on Durango’s proven performance, utility and comfort with the new SRT model, appearance packages and an available soft-touch hand-wrapped instrument panel. Durango’s standard eight-speed automatic transmission is paired with the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine rated at up to 295 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, and best-in-class towing capability of 6,200 pounds. The classic 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine produces a best-in-class 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque and is capable of towing up to 7,400 pounds. New for 2018, the Durango SRT’s proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8 delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 miles per hour acceleration in 4.4 seconds, quarter-mile elapsed time of 12.9 seconds as certified by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), all while out-hauling every three-row SUV on the road with a best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds.