Sales topped by 2005 Ford GT at $265,000
WALWORTH, Wis. – Dec. 5, 2017 – Mecum Auctions’ collector-car auction in Kansas City, Missouri, held Nov. 30 through Dec. 2, was a success as 391 vehicles hammered sold for an overall total of $8.2 million in sales.
The biannual auction is one of Mecum’s most consistent events and a personal favorite for many Mecum employees and customers alike. Sales at the December auction were topped by a 2005 Ford GT (Lot S91) with just 3,600 miles that gaveled for $265,000. Other top sellers included an attractive 1968 Ford Mustang Resto Mod (Lot S108) and a 36,000-mile 1986 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S86).
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Kansas City 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S91) at $265,000
- 1968 Ford Mustang Resto Mod (Lot S108) at $95,000
- 1986 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S86) at $87,500
- 1971 Ford Mustang Boss 351 Fastback (Lot S118) at $75,000
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S130.1) at $74,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S116.1) at $69,500
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S99) at $68,000
- 2014 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Lot S80.1) at $63,500
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette (Lot S90) at $60,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S116) at $60,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next collector-car auction is the world’s largest this Jan. 5-14 in Kissimmee, Florida, featuring 3,000 vehicles including some of the most iconic drag cars in existence, nearly 20 celebrated private collections and more. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder,