NÜRBURGRING-CONQUERING CAMARO IS THE MOST TRACK-CAPABLE EVER
A 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE conquered the Nürburgring’s 12.9-mile (20.8 km), 154-turn Nordschleife (“north loop”) in only 7:16.04 — 13.56 seconds quicker than the Camaro ZL1 with a 10-speed automatic that Chevrolet tested in 2016. The car that made the record run is on display this week at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
The Camaro ZL1 1LE takes Chevrolet’s track-focused 1LE legacy to an unprecedented level, with racing-based adjustable suspension components that include Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) front and rear dampers, unique aero technologies and exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R summer-only tires, in an extreme track performance package powered by the LT4 supercharged V-8 engine. It is on sale now.
CAMARO ZL1 1LE CONTENT
- LT4 supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine rated at 650 hp (485 kW), and either a six-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match or a 10-speed paddle-shift automatic
- 10-speed paddle-shift automatic offers faster upshifts than the Porsche PDK transmission and features a wide, 7.39 overall ratio spread
- Brembo brakes with six-piston monobloc front calipers — featuring the ZL1 logo — and massive, 15.35-inch (390mm) two-piece front rotors
- Carbon-fiber rear wing, specific air deflectors and dive planes on the front fascia that produce grip-generating downforce to help the car stick harder and drive faster in turns
- Racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear for exceptional wheel and vehicle control
- Adjustable front-end ride height
- Adjustable camber plates
- Adjustable (three-way) rear stabilizer bar
- 19 x 11-inch front and 19 x 12-inch rear aluminum wheels
- 305/30R19 front and 325/30R19 rear Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that contribute to max lateral grip of 1.10g
- Lighter wheels and dampers, along with thinner rear glass and a fixed-back rear seat, contribute to an approximately 60-pound (27 kg) lower curb weight than a standard ZL1 Coupe
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel are standard