Auction at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center to Include American Muscle Cars and Exotics
WALWORTH, Wis. – Oct. 12, 2016 – Mecum Auctions, the world’s largest collector car auction company, will be back in action for its sixth-year running at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas this Nov. 2-5. The estimated 1,000-car lineup will draw buyers, sellers and spectators from across the United States and will consist of a wide-ranging variety with names like Hemi Cuda, Shelby, Yenko, Porsche, Ferrari and more all on the docket. Also to cross the Mecum auction block are four stunning private collections, and the auction’s first of four days promises to be chock-full of offerings with no reserves.
Some of the leading consignments at Mecum Dallas 2016 include:
- 1996 Porsche 911 GT2 EVO (Lot S130) existing as one of just 11 produced and sporting a mere 7,000 kilometers
- 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 4.0 (Lot S150) with naturally aspirated 4.0/450 hp flat-six engine and one of only five produced for Brumos Racing
- 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona (Lot S125), serial number 16109, recipient of the Ferrari Concours Platinum Award
- 1969 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 Spyder (Lot S107.1) equipped with a five-speed gearbox and the 4.9/330 hp quad-cam engine
- 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S107), one of just 11 built with the 427/450 hp L72 engine and four-speed transmission
- 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S120), SFM5018, California car until 2005
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S119) with the 427/435 hp big-block V8 engine and boasting an NCRS Top Flight award
Among the private collections to surface for sale at the Dallas auction is a select grouping from the Jim Fasnacht Collection, including the following superb muscle cars:
- 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S91) sporting just 16,000 miles, and restored by Roger Gibson
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S93) equipped with four-speed and in unrestored condition with 36,000 miles
- 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 (Lot S94) with 455/370 hp Rocket V8 engine and four-speed transmission in unrestored condition
Wednesday, Nov. 2 will see more than 130 cars from the massive collection of Ron MacWhorter cross the auction block, most offered with no reserve, including these gems:
- 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot W62)
- 1937 Ford Coupe Street Rod (Lot W70)
- 1939 Buick Century Sport Phaeton (Lot W134)
Doors to Mecum Dallas 2016 will open each day at 8 a.m. with the auction beginning with Road Art at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 2 and at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. 3-5. The cars will begin crossing the auction block at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2 and at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. 3-5. NBC Sports Network will broadcast 16 hours of auction coverage, including 10 live; a live stream of the entire auction will be presented at Mecum.com.
Bidder registration is $100 in advance and $200 at the auction and includes admission for the bidder and one guest for all four auction days. General admission tickets are available in advance and at the gate for $30 per person, per day or $80 for a four-day pass; children 12 and younger receive complimentary admission. Persons interested in consigning a vehicle to be auctioned at Mecum Dallas 2016 should visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050 for complete details about the consignment process and pricing. To view the list of consigned vehicles or to register as a bidder for this and all Mecum auctions, visit www.mecum.com or call(262) 275-5050.
Mecum Dallas 2016
650 S. Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Nov. 2-5, 2016
Admission: $30 per person, per day or $80 for a four-day pass; children 12 and younger receive complimentary admission
Preview: Gates open daily at 8 a.m.
Auction: Vehicles start at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 2 and at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. 3-5. Road Art auctions will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 2 and at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Nov. 3-5.
TV Broadcast Schedule: Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 1-5 p.m. (live); Thursday, Nov. 3 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (live); Friday, Nov. 4 from 7-9:30 p.m. (delayed); and on Sunday, Nov. 6 from 6:30-9 p.m. (delayed)
(All Times Central)
About Mecum Auctions
Nobody sells more than Mecum. Nobody. The Mecum Auction Company is the world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 29 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month. Established by President Dana Mecum in 1988, Mecum Auctions remains a family-run company headquartered in Walworth, Wis. For further information, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Follow along with Mecum’s social media news and join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.