- $13,853,225 in Total Sales Achieved
WALWORTH, Wis. – Nov. 19, 2015 – The Mecum Anaheim 2015 auction held Nov. 12-14 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California achieved $13,853,225 in total sales as 416 cars hammered sold throughout the three-day event.
Held annually since 2012, the Southern California auction has established itself as an important part of the Mecum Auctions’ calendar. Plans to return in 2016 for the fifth-annual event are already in place with dates set for Nov. 17-19.
Volume and variety are always staple qualities of Mecum auctions, and the top 10 sales at this year’s Anaheim auction could easily qualify as one of the best demonstrations of this. Muscle cars, Ferraris, a ‘50s classic, a Corvette, a Resto Mod, a modern-day supercar, high-end luxury and more all claimed positions among top sales. The auction’s highest seller was a 2005 Ford GT (Lot S135.1) that hammered for $270,000. Immediately following in top sales was a rare and desirable “F-Bird,” a 1957 Ford Thunderbird F-Code (Lot S121.1). Selling for $185,000, the car was a highly optioned example featuring a correct body-off restoration and stands as one of only 211 F-Code Thunderbirds produced. Other top sales included a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S127) that brought $170,000, a 1979 Ferrari 308 GTS (Lot S125) that brought $162,500, and a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S133.1) with its original tank sticker still affixed that demanded a $130,000 high bid.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Anaheim 2015 auction include (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S135.1) at $270,000
- 1957 Ford Thunderbird F-Code (Lot S121.1) at $185,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S127) at $170,000
- 1979 Ferrari 308 GTS (Lot S125) at $162,500
- 2008 Ferrari F430 Spider (Lot S188) at $145,000
- 2013 Bentley Continental GTC Mulliner Edition (Lot S100) at $145,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S133.1) at $130,000
- 1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Bus (Lot F195.1) at $125,000
- 1969 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S100.1) at $122,500
- 1956 Chevrolet Nomad Resto Mod (Lot S129) at $115,000
For access to complete auction results and other member benefits, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next classic and collector car auction will be a 600-car offering Dec. 11-12 in Austin, Texas, to close out 2015. The auction house will kick off the New Year with an offering of 700 vintage and antique motorcycles in Las Vegas, Jan. 7-9, followed by the world’s largest classic and collector car auction inKissimmee, Fla., Jan. 15-24 featuring 3,000 vehicles and more than 1,500 items of Road Art. For more details on an upcoming auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit www.mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.
You must be logged in to post a comment.