- Ford launches new Ka Black and Ka White Zetec editions
- Ka Black and Ka White editions feature Midnight Black or Crystal White body colours, black alloy wheels and unique seats with Pearl White detailing
- Ford Fiesta Zetec S adopts award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine with 140PS
- Fiesta ECOnetic model is most fuel-efficient Fiesta ever, now equipped with 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine to achieve 88.3mpg and 82g/km CO2
- B-MAX achieves sub 100g/km with new low emission diesel engines
BRENTWOOD, Essex, May 15, 2015 – Ford is introducing new Ka Black and Ka White editions of its city car, with exclusive and stylish exterior and interior designs.
The Ford Ka Zetec Black and Zetec White editions offer a sophisticated, personalised design with black bodywork or white bodywork and white interior detailing. Both colour schemes create a classic look with a fresh, contemporary appeal, which also reflects trends in clothing and technology for pure, uncomplicated styling.
“Black and white is a timeless combination that evokes thoughts of chic 1960s style, and now inspires the design of products from consumer electronics to training shoes,” said John Mcleod, chief designer, Vehicle Personalisation, Ford of Europe. “We’ve used that simple combination to deliver a distinctive Ka interior with a charismatic twist.”
Ka Black and White editions
The latest special editons are available with Midnight Black or Crystal White bodywork. An optional body colour roof spoiler is offered, while black 16in five-spoke alloy wheels are standard.
A bold contrasting interior design for the Ka Zetec Black and Zetec White editions is dominated by a unique seat trim in black with white detailing; seam stitching; and headrest-, seat bolster- and seat base-sides.
The leather dressed steering wheel and handbrake also feature white stitching, as do the gear shift gaiter and unique, double-stitched floor mats. The gearshift knob, the steering wheel spokes, centre console, door grab handles and air-vent surrounds are finished in Pearl White.
Ka Titanium models also receive comprehensive equipment enhancements to create the most luxurious Ka to date. New standard features include leather trim with heated front seats; panoramic roof; rear parking sensors; side and curtain airbags; new 16in alloy wheels and black painted grille. A new, unique body colour, Grey Matter, is also available.
Following the success of the sporty Fiesta Red and Black Editions, the popular, multi-award winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost in 140PS guise is now available on the standard Zetec S range. The 17in wheel design from the Red and Black editions now becomes standard on all Zetec S models.
All Fiesta models from Style upwards now receive front LED daytime running lights as standard and DAB radio becomes a free-of-charge option on Zetec S.
Two new exterior colours for Fiesta are Magnetic, a sparkling metallic grey and Candy Red, a vibrant tinted clear-coated red.
Fuel-efficient engine options
Ford has reduced CO2 emissions for the Fiesta ECOnetic by 16g/km since the model was first introduced in 2008. The new 1.5-litre TDCi engine employs optimised combustion chamber design, and cutting-edge turbocharger and fuel injection technology alongside:
- Auto-Start-Stop, which automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle is at idle and restarts it when the driver wants to move off
- Smart Regenerative Charging, which reduces engine wear and tear by selectively engaging the alternator and charging the battery when the vehicle is coasting and braking
- Five-speed transmission with optimised gearing
- Low rolling resistance tyres
- Enhanced body and under-body aerodynamics
Fiesta also features technology including Ford SYNC voice controlled connectivity system with Emergency Assistance, and Active City Stop.
The Fiesta can be equipped with powertrains including the three-time International Engine of the Year 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol; 1.25-litre Duratec petrol engine or the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine which delivers 88.3mpg fuel efficiency and 82g/km CO2 emissions.*
B-MAX is also now equipped with new, low emission Euro6 diesel engines with advanced Automatic Start/Stop technology that sees CO2 emissions fall by up to 10 per cent and B-MAX achieving sub 100g/km.
Ka Black and White Editions are offered equipped with Ford’s 1.2-litre Duratec petrol engine, achieving 57.6mpg fuel efficiency and 115g/km CO2 emissions.*
# # #
* The declared fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulations (EC) 715/2007 and (EC) 692/2008 as last amended. Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are specified for a vehicle variant and not for a single car. The applied standard test procedure enables comparison between different vehicle types and different manufacturers. In addition to the fuel efficiency of a car, driving behaviour as well as other non-technical factors play a role in determining a car’s fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. CO2 is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets.