AND THE BEST IN SHOW IS..
1955 JAGUAR D-TYPE WINS BEST OF SHOW AT THE ICONIC CHUBB INSURANCE CONCOURS D’ELÉGANCE – OWNER DAVID SAUNDERSON
3rd Sep – Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance
4th Sep – Boodles Ladies’ Day & The Salon Privé Sale
5th Sep – The British Supercar Show.
The Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance basked in golden sunshine yesterday with the best in show announced – the 1955 JAGUAR D-TYPE
CLASS A WINNER ‘Preserved for Posterity’ – 1939 BENTLEY DERBY 4 ¼ LITRE MX
CLASS B WINNER ’50 YEARS OF FERRARI 275’ – 1967 FERRARI 275 GTB/4
CLASS C WINNER ‘DRAMATIC COACHWORK’ – 1934 ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOM II –
CLASS D WINNER ‘Pre-War Sports Cars’ – 1935 SWALLOW SIDECAR SS1 FOUR LIGHT SALOON
CLASS E ‘LEADERBOARD LEGENDS’ 1960 MATCHLESS METISSE MKIII
CLASS F ‘STRIKING BIKES’ – 2014 OEM TYPHOON
CLASS G ‘FIT FOR A KING’ – 1970 MERCEDES-BENZ 600 PULLMAN LONGTOP LANDAULET
CLASS H ‘100 YEARS OF MASERATI’ CORSA – 1955 MASERATI 300S SPORT
CLASS H ‘100 YEARS OF MASERATI’ STRADA – 1951 MASERATI 1500GT
CLASS I – ‘ART OF DESIGN ZAGATO’ – 1963 ASTON MARTIN DB4 GT
CLASS J – ‘JAGUAR D-TYPE’ – 1954 JAGUAR D-TYPE
CLASS K – ‘THE GREAT GRAN TURISMOS – 1962 FERRARI 250 GT SWB
CLASS L – CONCEPTS & PROTOTYPES – 2014 MINI SUPERLEGERRA VISION
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD – DELAHAYE TYPE 235 MS COUPE BY CHAPRON
The annual Salon Privé spectacular includes Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance , Boodles Ladies’ Day and The Salon Privé Sale, The Royal College of Art ‘Concours of the Future’ design exhibition, The British Supercar Show (Friday), EFG Art & Memorabilia Fair and the Luxury Retail Village.
Our esteemed judges: –
- Derek Bell, MBE (Chief Judge: Non-Voting) – 5 Times Le Mans Winner & British GP Racing Driver
- Keith Bluemel – Ferrari Historian
- Sandra Button – Pebble Beach Concours d’Elégance Chairman
- Martin Button – Pebble Beach Concours d’Elégance Selection Committee Member
- Ian Callum – Head of Design at Jaguar Land Rover
- Steve Cropley – Editor-in-chief at Autocar and on the European Car of the Year judging panel
- Dale Harrow – Head of Vehicle Design at the Royal College of Art
- Philip Kantor – International Director of Business Development and Head of European Motorcars, Bonhams
- Joanne Marshall – Head of EMEA Communications and PR – Ferrari SpA
- Adolfo Orsi – President of Historica Selecta
- Christian Philippsen – Automobile Consultant and organises the Louis Vuitton Classic Car events
- Tom Purves – Chairman of the RAC and former CEO of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
- Patrick Rollet – President of FIVA
- Giles Taylor – Rolls-Royce Design Director
- Tom Tjaarda – World renowned automobile designer and journalist
- Mick Walsh – Editor in Chief, Classic and Sports Car Magazine
- Andrea Zagato – CEO of Zagato
Salon Privé is a boutique automotive Garden Party which opens on Wednesday 3rd September with the crème de la crème of classic cars from around the world competing in the internationally-renowned Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance.
Afternoon Tickets to Salon Privé are still available costing just £75 are available now and on the door. They can be purchased either by calling the Ticket Hotline on 0808 100 2205 or online atwww.salonprivelondon.com. Full hospitality tickets are also available from £195 and include Pommery champagne, lobster luncheon, complimentary bar, English afternoon tea and full access to all areas.
Tickets – Concours d’Elégance £294.00 / Boodles Ladies’ Day £234.00 / The British Supercar Show £234.00. Afternoon tickets from £75.
About Salon Privé:
Now in its ninth year Salon Privé takes place from the 3rd to 5th of September at West London’s stunning Syon Park and is firmly established as the UK’s most prestigious Luxury Supercar Show & Concours d’Elégance. The three day event includes several new product debuts, the Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance, the EFG Art and Memorabilia Fair, The Salon Privé Sale and Luxury retail goods exhibits. Salon Privé takes pride and place amongst the leading automotive shows of the world, alongside the U.S.’s Pebble Beach and Italy’s Villa d’Este. www.salonprivelondon.com