2015 JETTA, STARTING AT $16,215
The latest Jetta features new front, rear and interior styling, enhanced content, new driver assistance systems, and improved fuel efficiency
- The entry-level 2.0L trim starts at just $16,215, featuring a standard five-speed manual transmission
- New limited-edition 1.8T Sport trim offers lowered sport suspension, navigation, rearview camera, rear spoiler and darkened taillights, starting at $20,895
- New driver assistance systems available: Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Warning System, and Park Distance Control
- Improved aerodynamics and reduced rolling resistance increase efficiency across Jetta lineup
- Bi-Xenon headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights and Adaptive Front-lighting System now available on select models
Herndon, VA — Today, Volkswagen of America, Inc., announced pricing of its redesigned 2015 Jetta models, which feature a new turbocharged EA288 TDI® Clean Diesel engine, a refreshed exterior, and a host of newly-available driver assistance systems. The 2.0L base trim starts at $16,215 (plus $820 destination and handling), and is available as a factory order only. The well-equipped S model starts at $18,425 with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the entry-level 1.8T model, the SE, is priced from $18,995 with a five-speed manual transmission. The frugal TDI Clean Diesel model starts at $21,640 for the S trim.
Expected to arrive at U.S. dealerships in the third quarter of 2014, the new Jetta lineup will offer the following gasoline, hybrid and Clean Diesel powertrains:
- 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine, as well as 1.8-liter and 2.0-liter versions of the turbocharged and direct-injection TSI® engine
- 1.4-liter turbocharged hybrid unit
- All-new 2.0-liter turbocharged EA288 TDI® Clean Diesel engine, one of the most fuel-efficient engines in its class, returning an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy rating of 46 mpg with the manual transmission
Key design elements of the 2015 Jetta include an extended wheelbase that stretches 104.4 inches; rear-seat legroom of 38.1 inches; gently arcing roofline that enables ample headroom of 37.1 inches for rear-seat passengers; 15.5 cubic feet of usable trunk space; and a new front bumper that helps to reduce air drag, improving aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
The 2015 Jetta S features the following standard equipment:
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Cruise control
- Air conditioning
- One-touch auto up/down power windows
- Power locks with keyless entry
- Aux-in for the radio/CD player
- Power heated exterior mirrors
- Driver and front passenger front and side thorax airbags and Side Curtain Protection® airbags front and rear
- Suite of advanced electronic safety features, including Anti-lock Braking (ABS), Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), and Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
The 2015 Jetta is offered in four trim levels—Base, S, SE, and SEL—with a total of 12 equipment levels.
At launch, Volkswagen will also offer a limited-edition Jetta Sport. Based on the 1.8T SE with Connectivity, this trim adds a sport suspension, front sport seats, RNS® 315 navigation with rearview camera, rear spoiler, and unique interior decor. When paired with a five-speed manual transmission, the Sport starts at $20,895 and costs $21,995 with a six-speed automatic transmission.“Climatronic”, “DSG”, “TDI”, “TSI”, “Volkswagen”, “Volkswagen”, “XDS”, all model names and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. “Car-Net” and “Carefree Maintenance” are registered trademarks of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “Bluetooth” is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. “Fender” is a registered trademark of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. “iPod” and “iPhone” are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. “SiriusXM” and “SiriusXM Satellite Radio” are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio, Inc.
- The most versatile Electric Vehicle in its class goes on sale in November, priced at $35,445 for the fully equipped SEL Premium model
- Drivetrain consists of 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with 199 pound-feet of torque; 7.2 kW onboard charger is standard
- Standard fast charging capability allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- First U.S.-market Volkswagen to be fitted with all-LED headlights
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced pricing for its 2015 e-Golf, the brand’s first fully electric, zero tailpipe emissions vehicle for the U.S. market. Joining Volkswagen’s extensive Golf family of versatile, sporty hatchbacks, the e-Golf starts at $35,445 (plus $820 destination and delivery) for the SEL Premium model.
Built on the Golf’s sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, and powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery (built in-house at Volkswagen’s Braunschweig facility), the e-Golf follows the Golf’s “fun-to-drive, yet practical” formula, with all of the benefits of an electric vehicle.
Additionally, Volkswagen is further improving the ownership experience with a groundbreaking and holistic approach to e-Mobility. Volkswagen has announced a collaboration with 3Degrees®, a renewable energy services provider, to invest in carbon reduction projects to help offset the emissions created from production, distribution and charging of the e-Golf for up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving. Charging solutions from Bosch® and Chargepoint®, along with a new Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net® e-Golf app are designed to make owning the e-Golf a thoroughly reassuring, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The key features, benefits and standard equipment of the e-Golf are:
- Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
- Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
- Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
- Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
- Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
- Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
- Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy (“Normal”, “Eco”, and “Eco+”)
- Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
- 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
- Bluetooth® technology
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- LED headlights
- Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Keyless access
- Heatable front seats
- Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control
The e-Golf will go on sale in participating dealerships in select states in November 2014.
Founded in 1955, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VWoA) is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany. VWoA’s operations in the United States include research and development, parts and vehicle processing, parts distribution centers, sales, marketing and service offices, financial service centers, and its state -of-the- art manufacturing facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker. VWoA sells the Beetle, Beetle Convertible, CC, Eos, e-Golf, Golf, Golf R, GTI, Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, Passat, Tiguan and Touareg vehicles through approximately 644 independent U.S. dealers.