2012 Range Rover Evoque
THE ALL-NEW RANGE ROVER - Evoque - Coupe and 5 Door
THE SMALLEST, LIGHTEST, MOST FUEL EFFICIENT RANGE ROVER EVER PRODUCED
- Luxurious coupe design with a compact and more efficient footprint than other Range Rover models
- Addition of exciting five-door bodystyle to Range Rover Evoque line-up
- Premium cabin with the high quality materials expected from a Range Rover. Strong, clean interior architecture with a contemporary and sporting feel
- Available with full sized glass panoramic roof flooding the interior with natural light
- Smaller – at a 171 inches (434cm) it is 17 inches (432mm) shorter and 7 inches (178mm) lower than Range Rover Sport models
- Permanent all-wheel drive combined with turbocharged four-cylinder engine and an updated six-speed auto transmission deliver excellent perforrmance and fuel economy
- All-new 240 bhp 2.0-litre Si4 turbocharged engine combining six-cylinder refinement and performance with four-cylinder fuel economy
- All-new chassis specification delivers dynamic and agile handling across varied terrain, with optional Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide
- All-weather, all-surface capability with Land Rover Terrain Response
- An extensive suite of Range Rover technologies including Bluetooth audio streaming and optional Surround camera system
- To be sold in 160 countries worldwide, with deliveries from Fall 2011
- Indicative pricing starting from around $45,000
The all-new Range Rover Evoque
The Range Rover Evoque brings the acclaimed Land Rover's LRX concept car into production reality, faithfully
capturing the original design of this landmark coupe concept. In keeping with the ethos of Range Rover, the Range Rover Evoque delivers premium levels of craftsmanship, luxury, performance and renowned Land Rover
multi-terrain capability into a more compact package.
The Range Rover Evoque is the lightest, most fuel-efficient Range Rover ever. It is a strong demonstration of the marque's commitment to environmental sustainability. Lightweight construction techniques ensure
optimum efficiency is achieved. A new state-of-the-art engine comes with turbocharging and direct injection. The Range Rover Evoque also adopts low CO2 systems such as Electric Power-Assisted Steering
(EPAS) and is built to maximize end of life recyclability.
The new vehicle's dramatic exterior is based directly on the LRX concept car, which drew worldwide acclaim for its fresh interpretation of classic Range Rover design cues.
Smart design and meticulous engineering has allowed the LRX concept to be turned into reality without compromising the core Range Rover values of luxury, refined performance and multi-terrain capability.
The cabin of the Range Rover Evoque is lavishly appointed with premium quality materials and an elegance befitting of a Range Rover interior.
Customers can specify soft, premium leather and beautifully tailored, twin-needle stitching providing a luxurious finish to almost every surface of the instrument panel, doors and seats.
A lower driving position offers a more sporting feel but retains the important Command Driving Position. Headroom is generous compared with traditional sporting sedans, despite the low-profile coupe roofline.
On the open road, the Range Rover Evoque offers a polished driving experience that combines dynamic and sporty handling with responsive, effortless performance and refinement.
Murray Dietsch, director of Land Rover programs, said, "We've tuned the Range Rover Evoque's chassis and Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS) to deliver precise and responsive steering at lower speeds, making
the Range Rover Evoque nimble and fun to drive."
This sporting character has not been achieved at the expense of comfort and refinement. In addition,
available Adaptive Dynamics uses advanced MagneRide dampers to provide a supple, controlled ride. The suspension delivers even tighter body control, with flatter handling and sharper responses.
Capable All Terrain
The Range Rover Evoque offers customers a permanent all-wheel-drive system, which delivers outstanding performance and traction on multiple surfaces, such as snow, gravel and varied off-road surfaces.
Drivers who drive their Range Rover Evoque off-road will be reassured to know that, in addition to extremely generous ground clearance, the car has aggressive breakover, approach and departure angles. The new
vehicle's formidable multi-terrain potential is enhanced by the latest version of the company's signature Terrain Response® system.
The turbocharged powertrain of the Range Rover Evoque offers smooth and responsive performance, blending four-cylinder efficiency with six-cylinder refinement and power.
A new 240bhp, 2.0-litre Si4 engine combines direct fuel injection, turbocharging and twin variable valve timing for exceptional drivability and fuel efficiency.
The Range Rover Evoque benefits from the same high-end innovative technologies as the larger Range Rover models. An intuitive control system and touch-screen display combines a stylish, uncluttered layout,
state-of-the-art functionality with ease of use.
Connectivity options include Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone and audio streaming, plus a range of USB and auxiliary inputs for iPod and other portable devices.
The Range Rover Evoque is the first Range Rover model to offer breathtaking new sound systems developed in partnership with the high-end audio specialist Meridian. The premium Meridian offering is an 825W,
17-speaker system that delivers the ultimate in surround-sound performance.
Other features available to Range Rover Evoque customers include:
- Surround Camera System with five digital cameras, including a reversing system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Hard drive navigation system
- FM/AM/Sirius® tuners, with single CD player with the ability to rip CDs to the hard drive
- Rear seat entertainment package, with 8-inch (203mm) video screens, digital wireless headphones and touch screen remote control
- Keyless entry system
- Powered tailgate
- Adaptive headlamps with auto headlamp dipping
- Heated windshield, front seats and steering wheel
Three design themes
The Range Rover Evoque offers customers more choice with three main vehicle design themes, each with its own distinctive character, exterior treatment and carefully coordinated interior package.
'Pure' combines the stunning concept-car exterior with a stylish, clean interior in neutral colors. Soft-touch wrapped materials on the major surfaces contrast with the metal brushed aluminum trim.
'Prestige' is the ultimate in Range Rover luxury, combining a bespoke exterior that includes unique, 19-inch wheels and sparkling metallic details, an optional 20-inch wheel, with an interior that is almost entirely
'Dynamic' brings a bolder exterior with 19-or 20-inch wheels and unique bumpers, sills, grille and tailpipes for
a more assertive, confident stance. Contrasting roof and spoiler colors are available, while the premium sports interior offers sports seats with splashes of bright contrast color.
The Range Rover Evoque will be manufactured at Land Rover's multi award-winning Halewood plant in Merseyside, UK. The car will go on sale in more than 160 markets worldwide from Fall 2011. Indicative pricing
starting from around $45,000.