Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, today revealed the long-awaited new XC60 premium SUV at…
Volvo Cars Group News
- VOLVO ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY SALES
- VOLVO ANNOUNCES DECEMBER SALES
- GEELY AUTO SALES IN NOVEMBER 2016
- VOLVO CARS EXPANDS PRODUCTION IN CHINA AND UNVEILS NEW CHINA STRATEGY
- VOLVO CARS DEBUTS AN AUTONOMOUS DRIVE CONCEPT
- VOLVO CARS UNVEILS GLOBAL ELECTRIFICATION STRATEGY
- VOLVO CARS REVEALS SAFE AND SEAMLESS USER INTERFACE FOR SELF-DRIVING CARS
- VOLVO CARS BREAKS GROUND ON AMERICAN FACTORY
- VOLVO CARS FORMALIZES COMMITMENT TO SOUTH CAROLINA FACTORY
- VOLVO CARS TO BUILD NEW FACTORY IN US
- VOLVO CAR GROUP FORECASTS SALES AND PROFITABILITY WILL SHOW A CLEAR IMPROVEMENT IN 2015
- VOLVO CAR GROUP ANNOUNCES JANUARY RETAIL SALES
- VOLVO CARS ADDS A THIRD SHIFT AND 1,300 NEW JOBS IN THE TORSLANDA PLANT
- VOLVO CARS’ GLOBAL SALES UP 8.4 PER CENT, CONTINUED GROWTH IN CHINA AND EUROPE
- VOLVO CAR GROUP ANNOUNCES JULY RETAIL SALES: VOLVO CARS’ GLOBAL SALES UP 8.3 PER CENT, STRONG GROWTH IN CHINA AND EUROPE
- VOLVO XC60 PASSES 500,000 UNITS SOLD MILESTONE
- VOLVO LAUNCHES ‘MY VOLVO’ – A UNIQUE NEW ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
- 2014 A YEAR OF GROWTH FOR VOLVO CARS
- VOLVO CAR GROUP STARTS SERIES PRODUCTION OF THE VOLVO S60L AT CHENGDU MANUFACTURING PLANT
- VOLVO CAR GROUP COMPLETES SUCCESSFUL STUDY OF CORDLESS CHARGING FOR ELECTRIC CARS
Volvo Car Corporation
The first mass-produced Volvo car rolled off the production line in Gothenburg in 1927. Since then, we have delivered a steady stream of cars equipped with world-leading innovations. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands in the world with sales in about 100 countries.
Volvo Car Group (Volvo Cars) is owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding (Geely Holding) of China. Volvo Cars formed part of the Swedish Volvo Group until 1999, when Ford Motor Company bought the company. In 2010, Geely Holding acquired Volvo Cars.
Relative to the strength of the brand, Volvo Cars is a small producer with global sales reaching 421,951 cars in 2012. Volvo's largest markets are the United States, Sweden, China, Germany and the UK.
The head office, product development, marketing and administration functions are mainly located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Since 2011, Volvo Cars has had offices in Shanghai and Chengdu, China. The new China headquarters in Shanghai includes a Technology Centre and functions such as sales and marketing, manufacturing, purchasing and product development.
Apart from the main car production plants in Gothenburg (Sweden) and Ghent (Belgium), Volvo Cars manufactures engines in Skövde (Sweden) and vehicle components in Floby (Sweden). The production of body components is located in Olofström (Sweden). Additionally, there is an assembly plant in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). Volvo cars are also manufactured at a production plant in Chongqing (China), operated by Changan Ford Automobile Co. Ltd.
405 31 Göteborg
Assar Gabrielssons väg, Göteborg
phone: 46-(0)31-59 00 00
Volvo Cars of North America
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC, is a subsidiary of Volvo Car Group of Gothenburg, Sweden. VCNA provides marketing, sales, parts, service, technology and training support to Volvo automobile retailers in the United States.
1 Volvo Drive
P.O. Box 914
Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647
P.O. Box 91300
Mobile, Al 36691-1300
Volvo Automobiles | Volvo Truck
Volvo Car Corporation is not affiliated with AB Volvo that manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine drive systems. the two different companies shared ownership of the Volvo brand name and logos. Volvo Trademark Holding AB is equally owned by AB Volvo and Volvo Car Corporation whose basic task is to own the Volvo brand name and logos.
Shared ownership of the Volvo brand name
In connection with AB Volvo's sale of Volvo Cars to Ford Motor Company, Volvo Trademark Holding AB was formed, which is jointly owned by AB Volvo and Volvo Car Corporation, whose basic task is to own the Volvo brand name. The company is responsible for registering and protecting the brand name.
A committee containing three representatives from each of the owners is linked to Volvo Trademark Holding AB. The tasks of this committee include coordinating and consulting in issues affecting the owners' use of the brand name in order to optimize its value.
As a result of the shared ownership of Volvo Trademark Holding AB, the Volvo Group and Volvo Cars are both responsible for ensuring that their common strategic asset, the Volvo brand name with its foundation in the shared core values, is further developed.
Continuing close cooperation with respect to the brand name and its development is an important driving force for growth and profitability in the two companies.
The Volvo Group shares the Volvo brand name and history with Volvo Cars. As a result, the two companies will in many ways also indirectly share the future.
Usage of the jointly owned brand name
Volvo Cars continues to have the right to use the "Volvo" tradename for passenger cars, minivans carrying up to 10 passengers, light trucks with pay-load up to 1,500 kilograms, sports utility vehicles and other vehicles, but not buses or other vehicles used solely for commercial purposes, that have a gross vehicle weight of 5,400 kilograms (12,000 lbs. gross weight).
AB Volvo continues to have the right to use the brand name for trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial engines, aerospace equipment and all other products (apart from those which Volvo Cars has the right to use the trademark for).