Toyota Motor Corporation
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve built more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.8 million cars and trucks (nearly 2.5 million in the U.S.) in 2015 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
ATTAINABLE PREMIUM, ACTUALIZED: BEAMS EFFORTLESS SOPHISTICATION, STYLE, AND EXHILARATION Designed and Assembled in the U.S.A.,…
Next-Generation 4Runner and Tundra TRD Pro Feature All-New Fox shocks; Tacoma TRD Pro to Feature…
230.02 MPH Record Run Driven by Carl Edwards Torrance, Calif., May 5, 2017— Land Cruiser,…
Calty-Penned Concept Brings “Casualcore” to Gen Y City-Dwellers Always-Ready Attitude with Four-Wheel Drive and TNGA…
- TOYOTA SURPASSES 3,000 MIRAI HYDROGEN FUEL CELL VEHICLE SALES IN CALIFORNIA
- TOYOTA PRODUCTION IN NORTH AMERICA NEARLY 2 MILLION IN 2017
- MAZDA, TOYOTA SELECT ALABAMA FOR NEW U.S. AUTO MANUFACTURING PLANT
- TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA REPORTS 2017 SALES
- TOYOTA EXPANDING SAFETY TECHNOLOGY WITH SECOND GENERATION SAFETY SENSE
- TOYOTA REPORTS U.S. SALES FOR OCTOBER 2017
- TOYOTA CELEBRATES 60 YEARS IN THE U.S.
- TOYOTA DRIVES THE FUTURE OF ZERO EMISSION TRUCKING
- TOYOTA TO BRING FIRST HYBRID POWERTRAIN PRODUCTION TO U.S.
- TOYOTA ANNOUNCES RESULTS FOR MARCH 2017; FISCAL YEAR ENDED MARCH 31, 2017
- TOYOTA OPENS A PORTAL TO THE FUTURE OF ZERO EMISSION TRUCKING
- TOYOTA ANNOUNCES RECORD $1.33 BILLION INVESTMENT IN KENTUCKY PLANT
- TOYOTA NORTH AMERICA REPORTS MARCH 2017 SALES
- TOYOTA NORTH AMERICA FEBRUARY 2017 SALES
- TOYOTA GLOBAL HYBRIDS SALES SURPASS 10 MILLION
- TOYOTA (TMC) ANNOUNCES APRIL–DECEMBER 2016 FINANCIAL RESULTS
- LEXUS INTERNATIONAL 2016 YEAR IN REVIEW
- TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA REPORTS JANUARY 2017 SALES
- TOYOTA PRODUCTION IN NORTH AMERICA EXCEEDS 2 MILLION IN 2016
- TOYOTA CONCEPT-I MAKES THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY HUMAN
- TOYOTA MOTOR SALES REPORTS DECEMBER 2016 AND YEAR-END SALES
- TOYOTA DEVELOPS TNGA-BASED POWERTRAIN UNITS FOR SMOOTH, RESPONSIVE, ‘AS DESIRED’ DRIVING
- TOYOTA MOTOR SALES REPORTS NOVEMBER 2016 SALES
- TOYOTA BREAKS GROUND ON 15TH MANUFACTURING PLANT IN NORTH AMERICA
- TOYOTA ANNOUNCES APRIL – SEPTEMBER 2016 FINANCIAL RESULTS
- TOYOTA REPORTS OCTOBER 2016 SALES
- TOYOTA TO START SALES OF FUEL CELL BUSES UNDER THE TOYOTA BRAND FROM EARLY 2017
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORP. FIRST QUARTER FINANCIAL RESULTS
- SALES OF TOYOTA HYBRIDS SURPASS 9 MILLION
- SCION BRAND TO TRANSITION TO TOYOTA
Toyota Motor Co. Ltd
The Toyota Motor Co. Ltd was first established in 1937 as a spin-off from Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, one of the world's leading manufacturers of weaving machinery. The Toyoda Automatic Loom Works was then headed by Japan's "King of Inventors" Sakichi Toyoda. The patent rights to one of his machines had been sold and provided the seed-money for the development and test-building of Toyota's first automobiles.
Toyota Motor Corporation is one of the world's leading automakers, offering a full range of models, from minivehicles to large trucks. Global sales of its Toyota and Lexus brands, combined with those of Daihatsu and Hino.
Besides its own 12 plants and 11 manufacturing subsidiaries and affiliates in Japan, Toyota has 51 manufacturing companies in 26 countries/locations, which produce Lexus- and Toyota-brand vehicles and components.
As of the end of Dec. 2012, Toyota conducts its business worldwide with 52 overseas manufacturing companies in 27 countries and regions. Toyota's vehicles are sold in more than 160 countries and regions.
Toyota Financial Services provides financial services primarily for vehicle purchases and leasing in more than 30 countries and regions worldwide, accounts for more than 90% of the company's total sales.
Diversified operations include Telecommunications, Prefabricated Housing, Biotechnology & Afforestation, Marine business with eco-friendly Pleasure Craft and Marine engines.
Toyota Motor Corporation
Aichi Prefecture Japan 471-8571
Phone: (033) 817-7111
- Head Office: 1 Toyota-Cho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture 471-8571, Japan. Phone: (0565)28-2121
- Tokyo Head Office: 1-4-18 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8701, Japan. Phone: (03) 3817-7111
- Nagoya Office: 1-23-22 Izumi, Higashi-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture 461-8711, Japan. Phone: (052) 952-2111
Toyota Motor North America
Toyota Motor North America Established operations in the United States in 1957 and currently operates 10 manufacturing plants. There are more than 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships in the United States, which sold more than 2 million vehicles in 2012. Toyota directly employs over 31,000 in the United States and its investment here is currently valued at more than $19.5 billion, including sales and manufacturing operations, research and development, financial services and design. Toyota's annual purchasing of parts, materials, goods and services from U.S. suppliers totals over $27.5 billion.
Toyota Motor North America
9 W. 57th St., Ste. 4900
New York, NY 10019-2701
Lexus launched in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since that time, Lexus has expanded its line-up to meet the needs of global luxury customers. In every vehicle, Lexus incorporates innovative technologies, high-quality designs and luxury materials. With numerous models featuring Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader and is dedicated to developing vehicles that are kinder to the Earth. Lexus' current vehicles incorporate outstanding driving dynamic characteristics and feature a new design language that includes a spindle grille and distinctive lights, creating a signature look and feel for the luxury brand. In the United States, Lexus models are sold through 232 dealers who are committed to exemplary customer service.
Scion is discontinued, Defunct: August 5, 2016
Scion, established as a separate brand in 2003 as a laboratory to explore new products and processes to attract youth customers, is transitioning back to the Toyota brand in 2016. Scion's mission was to provide distinctive products, the opportunity to personalize, and an innovative, consumer-driven process at the retail level. The brand features five groundbreaking models with a wide array of standard features: the xD urban subcompact five-door, the iconic xB urban utility vehicle, the tC sports coupe, the premium micro-subcompact iQ and the FR-S rear-wheel drive sports car. The Scion brand often applies new practices in all aspects of its business and pushes the creativity envelope with non-traditional advertising and marketing to engage young consumers. Scion also supports originality through its programs in the artistic community
About Toyota Research Institute
First announced in November 2015, TRI is a research and development enterprise designed to bridge the gap between fundamental research and product development. Funded by an initial five-year, $1 billion investment, it has been launched with mandates to enhance the safety of automobiles, with the ultimate goal of creating a car that is incapable of causing a crash; increase access to cars to those who otherwise cannot drive, including those with special needs and seniors; help translate outdoor mobility technology into products for indoor mobility; and accelerate scientific discovery by applying techniques from artificial intelligence and machine learning.
|Company Name||Establishment||Main products/activities||Capital
|TOYOTA INDUSTRIES CORPORATION||Nov. 1926||Manufacture and sales of spinning and weaving machines, industrial vehicles and automobiles; logistics||80,462|
|AICHI STEEL CORPORATION||March 1940||Manufacture and sales of specialty steel, forged steel products and electromagnetic parts||25,016|
|JTEKT CORPORATION||Jan. 2006||Manufacture and sales of machine tools, auto parts||45,591|
|TOYOTA AUTO BODY CO., LTD.||Aug. 1945||Manufacture of auto and special vehicle bodies and parts||10,371|
|Toyota Tsusho Corporation||July 1948||Business transactions related to various items in Japan and between foreign countries, import and export||64,936|
|AISIN SEIKI CO., LTD.||Aug. 1965||Manufacture and sales of auto parts||45,049|
|DENSO CORPORATION||Dec. 1949||Manufacture and sales of electrical components for automobiles and other applications, air conditioning equipment and general appliances and electrical appliances||187,457|
|TOYOTA BOSHOKU CORPORATION||May 1950||Manufacture and sales of vehicle interior parts, filters and power train mechanical parts and textiles||8,400|
|Towa Real Estate Co., Ltd.||Aug. 1953||Owning, managing, buying, selling and renting out land, management and rental||59,450|
|TOYOTA CENTRAL R&D LABS., INC.||Nov. 1960||Fundamental research and testing for technical development for the Toyota Group||3,000|
|TOYOTA MOTOR EAST JAPAN, INC.||July 2012||Manufacture of automobiles and parts, all wheel drive powered wheelchair, automatic vehicle maintenance lift||6,850|
|TOYODA GOSEI CO., LTD.||June 1949||Manufacture and sales of rubber, plastic and urethane products, semiconductor related products, electronic products and adhesives||28,027|
|Hino Motors, Ltd.||May 1942||Manufacture and sales of large trucks, buses, small commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, engines and spare parts||72,717|
|DAIHATSU MOTOR, CO., LTD.||March 1907||Manufacture and sales of automobiles, specialty vehicles and parts||28,404|
|TOYOTA HOUSING CORPORATION||April 2003||Planning, sales, construction and after-sales service of housing||7,400|
|TOYOTA MOTOR KYUSHU, INC.||Feb. 1991||Manufacture and sales of automobiles and parts||45,000|
Note: As of April 2013.