Three-row concept SUV signals future Nissan design direction DETROIT (Jan. 15, 2018) – Nissan today revealed…
Nissan Motor Company Ltd
Nissan Motor Company Ltd, usually shortened to Nissan, is a Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Japan. It was established December 26th 1933.
Nissan Motor Company Ltd Divisions are Nissan, Infiniti, Nismo and Datsun
Nissan: Nissan's volume models are sold worldwide under the Nissan brand. Nissan is on the fore·front of driverless cars and all-electric car
Datsun: Until 1983, Nissan automobiles in most export markets were sold under the Datsun brand. In 1984 the Datsun brand was phased out and the Nissan brand was phased in. All cars in 1984 had both the Datsun and Nissan branding on them and in 1985 the Datsun name was completely dropped. In July 2013, Nissan announced the relaunch of Datsun as a brand targeted at emerging markets.
Infiniti: Since 1989, Nissan has sold its luxury models under the Infiniti brand.
NISMO: Nismo is the motorsports division of Nissan, founded in 1984. Nissan's in-house tuning shop NISMO, short for "Nissan Motorsport International Limited." NISMO is being re-positioned as Nissan's performance brand.
Nissan Group News
- INFINITI GLOBAL SALES FOR 2017
- NISSAN SELLS MORE THAN 75,000 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH PROPILOT ASSIST
- RENAULT-NISSAN-MITSUBISHI LAUNCHES A VENTURE CAPITAL FUND TO INVEST UP TO $1 BILLION
- NISSAN DELIVERS 300,000TH NISSAN LEAF
- NISSAN GROUP REPORTS 2017 U.S. SALES
- ALL-NEW 2018 NISSAN LEAF PRODUCTION BEGINS IN TENNESSEE
- NISSAN GROUP REPORTS OCTOBER 2017 U.S. SALES
- INFINITI REPORTS OCTOBER SALES
- RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE AND DONGFENG MOTOR TO CO-DEVELOP ELECTRIC VEHICLES IN CHINA
- NISSAN TO OFFER STANDARD AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING IN 2018 MODEL YEAR
- NISSAN’S GLOBAL SALES, PRODUCTION APRIL 2016 – MARCH 2017
- NISSAN RECEIVES 2017 ENERGY STAR PARTNER OF THE YEAR
- RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE JOINS ITF CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP BOARD
- INFINITI REPORTS RECORD MARCH SALES IN THE U.S.
- NISSAN REPORTS MARCH 2017 U.S. SALES
- RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE FORMS LIGHT COMMERCIAL VEHICLE BUSINESS UNIT
- NISSAN GROUP REPORTS FEBRUARY 2017 U.S. SALES
- INFINITI REPORTS RECORD FEBRUARY SALES
- RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE AND TRANSDEV TO JOINTLY DEVELOP DRIVERLESS VEHICLE FLEET SYSTEM
- NISSAN CONDUCTS ON-ROAD AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE TESTING IN EUROPE
- RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE DELIVERS SIGNIFICANT GROWTH IN 2016
- INFINITI GLOBAL JANUARY 2017 SALES
- NISSAN GROUP REPORTS JANUARY 2017 U.S. SALES
- NISSAN PRODUCTION, SALES AND EXPORT RESULTS FOR 2016
- NISSAN ANNOUNCES 2016 UK PRODUCTION STATISTICS
- NISSAN ANNOUNCES FIRST ON-ROAD AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE TESTS IN EUROPE
- NISSAN CEO CARLOS GHOSN HOSTS KEYNOTE, ADDRESS AND Q&A AT AUTOMOBILI-D EXPOSITION
- NISSAN VMOTION 2.0 CONCEPT MAKES WORLD DEBUT
- CARLOS GHOSN ANNOUNCES BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGIES AND PARTNERSHIPS TO DELIVER ZERO-EMISSIONS, ZERO-FATALITY MOBILITY
- INFINITI REPORTS 2016 SALES IN THE U.S.
Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year since 2010.
Nissan first came to the United States to sell vehicles in 1958 and began importing and making Datsun vehicles in the United States under the Nissan Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (NMC), name in 1960. In 1990, Nissan North America Inc. (NNA), was created to coordinate all of Nissan's various activities in North America to enhance the design, development, manufacturing, and marketing of Nissan vehicles. In 1998, the two organizations merged operations under the Nissan North America, Inc., name. Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, Nissan's North American operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing for the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
One Nissan Way
Franklin, TN 37067
Nissan North America - U.S. Manufacturing
Nissan has four manufacturing facilities in the United States - in Smyrna and Decherd, Tennessee, and Canton, Mississippi. Production at Nissan's Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant began in June 1983. The Smyrna Plant has an annual production capacity of 640,000 vehicles and represents a capital investment of $6 billion. The plant produces the Nissan Altima, Maxima, LEAF, Rogue, Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60.
The vehicle assembly plant in Canton, Mississippi, began producing vehicles in May 2003. The plant now produces the Nissan Altima, Xterra, Frontier, Titan, Armada, Murano and NV Cargo and Passenger Vans. The plant has an annual production capacity of 450,000 vehicles.
Nissan's powertrain assembly plant in Decherd, Tennessee, began production in May 1997. Today the plant manufactures all the engines for the complete lineup of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles produced in the U.S. The plant also forges crankshafts and cylinder block castings.
Infiniti’s powertrain assembly plant in Decherd, Tennessee, began production in June 2014. The plant assembles 2.0-liter 4-cylinder gasoline engines for the Infiniti Q50 sports sedan and Mercedes-Benz C-Class and their derivatives. The 310,000-square foot facility was developed as a collaboration between the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler AG.
Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sold 5.32 million vehicles and generated revenue of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in fiscal year 2014. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads the world in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of the LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is the best-selling EV in history with almost 50% share of the zero-emission vehicle segment.
Established in Yokohama, Kanagawa in 1933, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. currently manufactures vehicles in 20 countries and areas around the world, including Japan. Global unit sales in fiscal 2011 totaled 4.845 million vehicles. In addition to vehicles, Nissan also develops, manufactures and markets and marine equipment. Nissan has a portfolio of two brands, NISSAN and INFINITI, both sold worldwide. NISSAN vehicles are marketed in all major market worldwide. INFINITI was launched as a luxury brand in North America in 1989. The INFINITI brand has since expanded to the Middle East, Taiwan, Korea, Europe, China, Southeast Asian and Latin American countries, and will continue to enter into new markets globally. Infiniti established a new global headquarters in Hong Kong in 2012
|Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.|
|Company Type Public||(NASDAQ (SC)|
|NSANY [ADR]; Exchange: Tokyo)|
|Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.|
|Headquarters Address||17-1, Ginza 6-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8023, Japan|
|Registered Address||2, Takara-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-8623, Japan|
|Date of Establishment||December 26, 1933|
|Paid-in Capital||¥605,813million(as of March 2003)|
|Number of Employees||31,128 (as of March 2003)
127,625 (including consolidated subsidiaries)
|Nissan Europe N.V.|
|Operations||Production, and sales and all other operations throughout Europe, and provides strategic coordination for all operating companies in the region.|
|Nissan North America, Inc.|
|Location||Torrance, California, U.S.A.|
|Operations||Production, sales and all other operations throughout North America, and provides strategic coordination for all operating companies in the region.
Production of vehicles and auto parts.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance is a strategic partnership between Paris-based Renault and Yokohama, Japan-based Nissan, which together sell one in 10 cars worldwide. The companies, which have been strategic partners since 1999, sold 8.5 million vehicles in nearly 200 countries in 2015. The Alliance has strategic collaborations with automakers including Germany’s Daimler, Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors, China’s Dongfeng Motor, and India’s Ashok Leyland. The Alliance also owns a majority stake in the joint venture which controls Russia’s AVTOVAZ, maker of the Lada brand.