Elio Motors Inc.
Founded by car enthusiast Paul Elio in 2009, Elio Motors Inc. represents a revolutionary approach to manufacturing an ultra-high-mileage vehicle. The three-wheeled Elio is engineered to attain a highway mileage rating of up to 84 mpg, while providing the comfort of amenities such as power windows, power door lock and air conditioning accompanied by the safety of multiple air bags and an aerodynamic, enclosed vehicle body. Elio’s first manufacturing site will be in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Elio Motors is using nearly 1 million square feet of a nearly 4 million square-foot former General Motors production facility. When Elio Motors reaches full production, it estimates that the Shreveport facility will have nearly 1,500 workers.
- ELIO MOTORS DEBUTS AT LA AUTO SHOW
- ELIO MOTORS TO SELL 100 PRE-PRODUCTION VEHICLES
- ELIO MOTORS TO BUILD FIFTH GENERATION PROTOTYPE OF $6,800, 84 MPG VEHICLE
- ELIO MOTORS TO BUILD ENGINE FROM THE GROUND UP
- ELIO MOTORS PASSES FIRST REVIEW PHASE FOR U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY VEHICLES MANUFACTURING LOAN
- ELIO MOTORS NAMES FLAME-SPRAY INDUSTRIES AS SUPPLIER OF CYLINDER COATING TECHNOLOGY