-339,676 units delivered marks a 5.2 percent increase over 2016-
Herndon, VA — (January 3, 2018) Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported sales of 30,281 units delivered in December 2017 and 339,676 total sales for 2017. This marks a year-to-date increase of 5.2 percent over 2016 and an 18.7 percent decrease over December 2016.
December 2017 highlights include:
- As the company expands its model lineup to include more family-friendly SUVs, SUV sales attributed more than 48 percent of the vehicles delivered.
- Sales of the Chattanooga-built Atlas totaled 6,070 units delivered, the best month ever for the vehicle.
- Sales of the 2018 Tiguan and Tiguan Limited totaled 8,061 units delivered.
Calendar year 2017 highlights include:
- The Golf family continues to be an important part of the Volkswagen lineup. Sales of the family, driven by the addition of the all-wheel drive SportWagen Alltrack, increased by 11.8 percent over 2016.
- SUV sales attributed for 23 percent of sales in 2017, which include the all-new Atlas and 2018 Tiguan
December 2017 Sales
|December 17||December 16||Yr/Yr%
|December 17 YTD||December 16 YTD||Yr/Yr%
|Total Golf Family||4,529||8,968||-49.5%||68,978||61,687||11.8%|
(now Golf SportWagen)
*Eos production ended in July 2015