- Production-intent prototype 592hp Jaguar XE SV Project 8 laps Nürburgring Nordschleife in 7min 21.23sec, setting the fastest time ever by a sedan of production-intent specification1,2
- XE SV Project 8 is the most extreme road-legal Jaguar ever
- The XE SV Project 8 is capable of 0-60mph in 3.3sec and a top speed of 200mph1,3
- Production limited to 300 units for sale worldwide; priced from $187,5004
Fen End, United Kingdom (November 28, 2017) – The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is now the world’s fastest four-door sedan of production-intent specification following a record lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Designed, engineered and hand assembled by Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division, a production-intent prototype Jaguar XE SV Project 8 achieved an incredible time of just 7 minutes, 21.23 seconds around the famed “Green Hell.”
The new record is 11 seconds quicker than the previous time set by a sedan of production-intent specification around the 12.9-mile circuit; putting the 592hp Jaguar ahead of some of the world’s fastest two-door coupes and exotic cars.
Mark Stanton, SVO Director, said: “The SVO design and engineering team’s mission was to create the most track-focused road-legal Jaguar in history – not only the fastest, but also the most agile. As a result, only the roof and front door skins of the Project 8 body are carried-over unaltered from XE and 75 per cent of its mechanical hardware is new. This astonishing Nürburgring Nordschleife record validates the success of such extensive changes.”
John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director, added: “SVO exists to push the boundaries of performance, luxury and all-terrain capability. The hand-assembled XE SV Project 8 takes that principle to the limit, extracting supercar-beating performance from Jaguar’s most compact four-door sedan. The Nürburgring Nordschleife record underlines our commitment to deliver the most extreme Jaguar ever to Project 8 clients, who will soon experience this sensational sedan for themselves.”
The XE SV Project 8 will be available next year, priced from $187,5004 in the U.S. Production is limited to 300 vehicles worldwide. in the U.S. Register interest at www.JaguarUSA.com
# # #
- Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt.
- All illustrations, photographs and specifications shown here are based on the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 prototype vehicle, modified with roll cage, driver’s seat safety harness and an optional two-seat track pack not available in North America. Final U.S. specifications, design, equipment, and accessories have not been determined. Therefore, U.S. production vehicles may differ from the one shown.
- Always follow local speed limits.
- All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.