- 2018 Ram 1500 Hydro Blue is this year’s final special-edition Sport model
- Hydro Blue monochromatic appearance package is loaded with custom details
- MSRP starts at $46,060
November 9, 2017 , San Antonio – Ram today pulled the wraps off a new, special-edition 2018 Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport.
“The custom look and high-impact colors have been well received in the marketplace and this new Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport will surely stand out on dealers’ lots and in customers’ driveways,” said Mike Manley, Head of Jeep & Ram Brands. “Enthusiasts demand that their trucks get noticed and our Ram 1500 Sport lineup delivers a durable, powerful alternative with great visual appeal.”
The 2018 Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport will be the final special-edition Sport the Ram brand will offer in the 2017 calendar year. Previously, Ram launched Sublime (Green) and Copper Sport limited-edition trucks earlier this year and an Ignition Orange edition in late 2016.
Special standard features on the Hydro Blue Sport include a black-decaled Sport performance hood, new-for-2018 body-colored Sport grille with black billet inserts and black R-A-M letter badge, as well as flat black exterior body-side and tailgate badging. Black bezel projector headlamps and LED tail lights complement the black body badging.
The Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport ties the monochromatic exterior theme together with body-colored front fascia, rear bumper, side mirrors and door handles. Forged, polished 22-inch aluminum wheels are standard on 4×2 models; polished 20-inch wheels are standard on 4×4 models.
Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport interior features include blue color-matched highlight stitching on the instrument panel, heated steering wheel and door trim. Blue Sport embroidery accents the deluxe high-back, black, bucket, heated seats with mesh inserts, while blue Ram’s head logos flank the headrests. Blue anodized surfaces cover the instrument panel bezels, center console trim and door spears, as well as a new instrument panel badge. A black headliner completes the interior package. Full leather seating and trim is optional.
Optional features include 22-inch (4×2 only) and 20-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, black tubular side steps, chrome wheel-to-wheel side steps, Active Level air suspension, ParkSense and the RamBox storage system.
Production of the uniquely colored Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport will be limited to 2,000 trucks in the U.S. Base Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price is $46,060, plus $1,395 destination.
The Hydro Blue pearl coat paint option is available on Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, short-bed body styles with the 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8. Both two- and four-wheel-drive models will be available.
The Ram 1500 Hydro Blue Sport will go on sale in November 2017.
2018 Ram 1500 Fact Sheet
Auburn Hills, Mich. Sep 1, 2017 – Ram Truck builds America’s longest-lasting pickups. Contributing to that title, the Ram 1500 boasts numerous segment-exclusive features in areas most important to truck buyers. Supporting best-in-class fuel efficiency with exclusive EcoDiesel V-6 engine. Class leading ride and handling is accomplished via a unique link-coil rear suspension system with optional air suspension. Other features, such as Ram Box bedside storage, hidden bins and a flat-load floor, offer unique solutions for cargo. Available in 11 different trim levels, the Ram 1500 has a full-size pickup for everyone.
New for 2018
- Ultra-luxurious Limited Tungsten edition
- Sport model appearance upgrade
- Factory-installed leather interior option on Rebel models
- Premium Limited Tungsten model
- 8.4-inch radios with 4G LTE, HD Radio, Android Auto, Apple Car Play, USB Flip, pinch to zoom and improved resolution
- Sirius Guardian with SOS Call, Roadside Assistance, Remote Services, Send and Go, and Vehicle Finder
- Remote exterior switch in truck bed to activate LED bed lights
- Backup camera now standard on all models
- Fleet Telematics Module for vehicle tracking efficiency
- Ram 1500 is America’s most fuel efficient full-size pickup with exclusive 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine at 29 miles per gallon (mpg)
- Industry’s leading infotainment system with Uconnect 8.4
- Exclusive link coil suspension with four-corner air suspension option for best ride and handling
- Best-in-class aerodynamics, Coefficient of drag (Cd) at 0.360
- The Ram 1500 uses several fuel-saving features to lead the segment in efficiency. Although a standard eight-speed transmission and exclusive EcoDiesel yield double-digit percentage improvements, other components are optimized, such as accessory drives to reduce parasitic loss and advances in thermal dynamics engineering, which contribute to America’s most fuel efficient full-size truck
Engine options include:
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, delivering 27 mpg, 240 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, delivering 25 mpg, 305 horsepower and 269 lb.-ft. of torque
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 with variable-valve timing (VVT) provides up to 22 mpg, 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque
The Ram 1500 retains its ruggedly-handsome appearance with an award-winning interior, exterior design aesthetics and segment-leading technology. Every Ram 1500 truck benefits from content specifically designed to match each model’s unique style
Configurations in 2WD and 4WD:
- Regular Cab 8-ft. bed
- Regular Cab 6-ft. 4-in. bed
- Quad Cab 6-ft. 4-in. bed
- Crew Cab 5-ft. 7-in. bed
- Crew Cab 6-ft. 4-in. bed
The Ram 1500 offers 11 models:
- Big Horn/Lone Star
- Lone Star Silver
- Laramie Longhorn
- Laramie Limited
- Limited Tungsten
Exterior Colors (some colors available in two-tone)
- Black Forest Green
- Blue Streak
- Bright Silver Metallic
- Brilliant Black
- Bright White
- Delmonico Red
- Flame Red
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Maximum Steel Metallic
- Pearl White
- RV Match Walnut Brown Metallic
- True Blue