DURAMAX-POWERED SUPPORT VEHICLE IS DESIGNED TO HELP KEEP RACERS SAFE ON THE TRACK
Formed in the 1950s to educate amateur racers on how to set up a safe drag race, the NHRA Safety Safari has evolved into the sanctioning body’s first-line safety team for the NHRA Mello Yellow series. Its duties include inspecting and prepping the track before an event and assisting with firefighting and other safety-related tasks during the race.
Supporting this dedicated team is a fleet of specially outfitted trucks like the 2018 Silverado 3500 NHRA Safety Safari concept. It’s equipped with a fire suppression system and other supporting equipment, including an AMKUS Rescue Equipment System. For maximum capability, the concept safety vehicle is powered by the Silverado HD’s available Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine, which offers 910 lb-ft of torque and 445 horsepower — the segment’s highest horsepower rating.
- Fire suppression equipment with nitrogen cylinder and 80-gallon tank
- Bed-mounted aluminum frame with extendable mast
- Whelen red and green LED strobes and additional lighting
- Incident support equipment including shovels, brooms, fire extinguishers, jacks, car dolly and oil absorbent material
- AMKUS Rescue Equipment System
- 2018 Silverado Midnight Edition elements, including a black exterior, black bumpers, power-adjustable and heated trailering mirrors and a black mesh grille with chrome bars (Midnight Edition offered on Silverado 1500 and 2500HD production models)
- 22-inch black wheels with 305/45LT22 tires.
- Black bowtie emblems
- Gooseneck completion package
- Black door handles
- Cargo area lamps
- 6-inch rectangular assist steps in black
- Tie-down rings
- Trailering Camera system by EchoMaster®
- Floor liners with the bowtie logo.
- Underseat storage organizer
- Interior trim kit.