DODGE ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR 2018 DODGE DURANGO SRT:
AMERICA’S FASTEST, MOST POWERFUL AND MOST CAPABLE THREE-ROW SUV
- New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is the most powerful three-row SUV with its 475-horsepower legendary 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 engine
- Fastest and most capable three-row SUV with a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)–certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds and capable of 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration in 4.4 seconds
- Durango SRT out-hauls every three-row SUV on the road with best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- New exterior performance features include widebody exterior design and functional SRT hood with center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a new front fascia and lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Standard leather and suede, available high-performance Demonic Red Laguna leather seating and new carbon-fiber trim distinguish Durango SRT’s performance interior
- All customers who buy a new Durango SRT will receive one full-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
- The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT will start arriving in Dodge dealerships during fourth quarter 2017
With the proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 under its new functional SRT hood, the new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, and a wicked fast time on the drag strip – from 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 4.4 seconds, covering the quarter mile in 12.9 seconds as certified by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).
“The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars Brands, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. “This is what you get, when you take everything great about the Durango and combine it with the performance of the Charger SRT: a 12-second quarter mile, 8,700-pound-toy hauling, three-row muscle car.”
Vehicles will start arriving in Dodge dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2017 with a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $62,995 (excluding $1,095 destination).
The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is loaded with standard performance features, including:
- Proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8 delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque and 4.4-second 0-60 mph times
- New performance-tuned AWD system helps the Durango SRT set world-class performance marks
- Standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission specifically calibrated for the Dodge Durango SRT to optimize shift points and deliver maximum torque to all four wheels
- Massive new Brembo high-performance six-piston (front) and four-piston (rear) calipers and vented rotors at all four corners, measuring 15 inches (front-slotted) and 13.8 inches (rear)
- Bilstein active-damping high-performance suspension
- 20 in. x 10 in. Goliath wheel with Low Gloss Black Noise finish
- New Pirelli 295/45ZR20 Scorpion Verde all-season tires or available Pirelli P Zero three-season tires
- New widebody exterior brings the Durango SRT together as a true performance SUV
- Newly designed SRT hood with a functional cold-air duct and heat extractors to cool the engine and improve overall performance
- New front fascia and lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- New performance AWD badging on liftgate
- New interior appointments including SRT flat-bottom performance steering wheel with SRT paddle shifters, heated and ventilated front and heated second-row captain’s chairs with embroidered SRT logos
- New driver-oriented electronic T-shifter, standard on all 2018 Durango models, provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control
- Premium velour-bound floor mats with embroidered SRT logo
- New SRT rear body-color lower fascia with Gloss Black accent surrounds the 4-inch dual round exhaust tips finished in Nickel Chrome
- New 180-mph speedometer
- New SRT seven-mode drive system gives the driver the ability to precisely adjust drive settings to maximize performance or comfort
- New Sport Mode reduces shift times by up to 50 percent versus Auto Mode and delivers up to 65 percent of the 392 HEMI engine’s torque to the rear wheels
- New Track Mode delivers maximum performance track driving with 160-millisecond shifts and up to 70 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels for the most pronounced rear-wheel-drive experience
- Sophisticated Active Damping System opens and closes the Durango SRT’s suspension’s damper valves, according to which of the seven modes is chosen, giving the driver options for any driving style
- Stiffer front springs (3 percent), stiffer rear springs (16 percent) and stiffer rear sway bar (18 percent) give Durango SRT drivers outstanding high-speed cornering capability
- New exhaust system tuned to offer an unmistakably deep, high-performance Dodge SRT exhaust note modeled after the Dodge Charger SRT
Available options include 20 in. x 10 in. split-five spoke wheels with Low Gloss Black Noise finish, three-season tires, trailer tow, power sunroof, Demonic Red Laguna leather seating, rear DVD entertainment and technology group. Durango SRT also has an available premium interior, which includes suede-wrapped headliner and A-pillars, true carbon-fiber instrument panel and door bezels (late availability), and a hand-wrapped instrument panel with live black and silver accent stitch.
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is available in seven exterior colors, including B5 Blue (late availability), Billet Clear Coat, Bruiser Grey Clear Coat, DB Black Clear Coat, Granite Clear Coat, Octane Red Pearl Coat and White Knuckle Clear Coat.
NEW FOR 2018, DODGE DURANGO BUYERS CAN GET SRT ATTITUDE WITH EVERY DURANGO POWERTRAIN
- New for 2018, Durango R/T models now share the same front fascia, performance hood, lower valence, and LED fog lamps first seen on new 2018 Durango SRT that debuted at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show
- Functional performance hood that debuted on new 2018 Durango SRT is now available on Durango GT when equipped with Blacktop or Brass Monkey Appearance Package
- New hood features center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Front Park Assist joins ParkSense® Park Assist System is standard on Durango R/T models and features sensors in the front bumper to detect obstacles; includes a shut-off switch
- Durango GT models now feature standard power liftgate and Capri and suede bucket leather seats. Capri leather seats are also available. The Technology Group is now available as an option
- B5 Blue (available exclusively on Durango R/T and SRT models, late availability) debuts on Durango for the 2018 model year and is the first time it’s offered on Durango
- All Durango models now feature a backup camera, new sport steering wheel and driver oriented electronic T-shifter
June 27, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Dodge took the wraps off its new 475-horsepower 2018 Dodge Durango SRT, introducing America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV with 475 horsepower at the Chicago Auto Show in February.
Now, new for 2018, all Durango R/T models share the all-new Durango SRT’s aggressive, functional performance hood and fascia as standard equipment. The performance hood features a center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, a front lower valence that houses a new cold-air duct system and LED fog lamps. Durango GT models equipped with the Blacktop or Brass Monkey appearance package now offer the performance hood, first seen on Durango SRT, as an available option.
“Performance is more than stats, at Dodge performance is an attitude that permeates through everything we do,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “And new for 2018, Durango buyers can get SRT attitude with every Durango powertrain – from the 295 horsepower 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 to the 360 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 to the new 475 horsepower 6.4-liter SRT – strengthening the brand’s promise to deliver performance vehicles with world-class power, technology and standout styling our customers have come to expect.”
In addition to the new front fascia, Durango R/T is one of only two models to be available in a B5 Blue exterior color (late availability); Durango SRT being the other. Front Park Assist, which uses sensors in the front bumper, is now included with ParkSense® Park Assist System and is now standard on Durango R/T models. New for 2018, Durango GT models now feature a standard power liftgate and Capri and suede bucket leather seats. Capri leather seats and the Technology Group are also available as standalone options, as well.
For 2018, all Durango models feature a backup camera, a new sport steering wheel and driver-oriented electronic T-shifter which provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control. Customers can also opt for the available hand wrapped instrument panel with accent stitching.
Dodge continues to deliver customization and features that its loyal Durango customers love. Durango R/T’s new look is standard with a BeatsAudio nine-speaker audio system that includes a subwoofer and a 506-watt amplifier. This BeatsAudio premium audio system offers studio quality sound in the customer’s vehicle, available on the Durango GT and Citadel, and standard on R/T. The Dodge Durango boasts class-leading towing and driving range, confident driving dynamics, advanced technology, aggressive styling, and with the addition of the new exterior performance fascia on R/T, now offers even more ways customers can stand out in a sea of sameness.
Dealers are currently able to place orders and vehicles will start arriving in dealerships in the third quarter of 2017. Pricing for the 2018 Dodge Durango will be announced closer to vehicles arriving at dealers.
Manufacturing: Built in Detroit
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is built at the 3-million-square-foot Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit, which has been the site of Durango production since its introduction in the 2011 model year.
Official Driving School of Dodge//SRT
The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona, is the Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge//SRT. All customers who buy a new model SRT will receive one full-day session of high-performance driving with professional instruction and time on the track as part of the Dodge SRT package. For more information, visit www.driveSRT.com.