- Best Ever Jaguar Land Rover U.S. February Sales Month, up 16 percent as both cars and SUVs make gains
- Jaguar XE sports sedan and F-PACE SUV drive Jaguar U.S. sales up 130 percent for best February sales month since 2004
- Second Best Ever Land Rover U.S. February Sales Month despite runout of LR4 in preparation for new Discovery launch
- Best Ever Range Rover February Sales Month, up 10 percent
(MAHWAH, NJ) – March 1, 2017 — Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC today reported February 2017 U.S. sales: Jaguar sales were 3,484 units, a 130 percent increase from 1,512 units in February 2016; Land Rover sales reached 5,747 units, down 10 percent from record February sales of 6,417 units in 2016; Jaguar Land Rover February U.S. sales for both brands hit 9,231 units, a 16 percent increase from 7,929 units in February 2016; making it the best ever Jaguar Land Rover February sales month.
“We are very pleased to have our best ever February retail month in the U.S. with both car and SUV sales growing across the two brands,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. The Jaguar brand continues to grow at a torrid pace on strength of the two newest products, the XE and F-PACE. Land Rover is coming off record 2016 sales and getting ready for the launches of the Land Rover Discovery and Range Rover Velar coming later this year.”
For the full year 2016, Jaguar Land Rover U.S. sales were up 24 percent to 105,104 units sold, compared to 85,048 units sold in 2015. With this performance, 2016 becomes the new U.S. high water mark for Jaguar and Land Rover brands’ combined sales, surpassing previous high of 102,191 sales achieved in 2002.
U.S. BRAND HIGHLIGHTS
For the month of February, Land Rover sales hit 5,747 units sold, the second best ever February retail month for the brand (February of 2016 was the all-time February high for the brand in the U.S.). For the month of February, the Range Rover Sport was the volume leader hitting 1,824 units sold.
Range Rover hit 1,688 sales, up 10 percent for its highest February total ever. The Range Rover Evoque had a strong February with an increase of 25 percent to 1,030 sales.
The runout of the LR4 continued with a total of only 68 sales versus 1,047 sold in 2016. The new Discovery seven-passenger SUV goes on sale in spring.
The 2017 Land Rover model line-up features five models: The all-new Discovery, which replaces the LR4, features a radical new design language for the full-size, optional seven passenger SUV and all-new levels of refinement, passenger technology and driver assistance options. The Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque continue steadfast, both powered by 240-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engines. The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model lines expand for 2017 each with a new model. Replacing the limited edition HST model in the Range Rover Sport line-up, the Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic features a 380-hp supercharged V6 engine, dynamic body trim appointments and black trim finishes. Within the full-size Range Rover line-up, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations has introduced the SVAutobiography Dynamic. Based off of the long wheelbase SVAutobiography, the SVAutobiography Dynamic offers a driver focused experience through a standard wheelbase, suspension and chassis tuning and a lowered ride height. Both Range Rover model lines feature five powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 380-hp supercharged V6, a 510-hp supercharged V8, a 550-hp supercharged V8 and a new 254-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 diesel.
For the month of February, Jaguar sales were 3,484 units, a 130 percent increase from 1,512 units in February 2016; making it the best Jaguar February sales month since 2004.
The Jaguar F-PACE hit 1,596 units sold, making it the brand’s volume leader for the month, and the XE hit 993 units sold, its second best sales month since going on sale last spring.
Jaguar launched two new entry luxury vehicles in 2016: the 2017 XE compact luxury sedan, starting at $34,900 (1), and the 2017 F-PACE compact luxury SUV, starting at $40,990 (1). Competitively priced within their respective segments, these two new models appeal to an all-new segment of buyers for the brand. The XE is available with two gasoline engines, a 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder and a 340-hp supercharged V6. The F-PACE is available with the same 340-hp supercharged V6, as well as a 380-hp supercharged V6 in the ‘S’ model. Both vehicles are available with a 180-hp turbocharged diesel engine, which returns 42mpg highway (2) on Jaguar XE models and 33mpg highway (2) on F-PACE models.
The Jaguar XF is now offered with three available powertrains, two supercharged V6 powertrains producing 340- and 380-hp and a 180-hp turbocharged four-cylinder diesel offering an EPA certified 42mpg highway. (2) The 2017 Jaguar XJ retains its position within the Jaguar line-up as the pinnacle in luxury for the brand. It continues to be available with three powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 470-hp supercharged V8 and a 550-hp supercharged V8 – is offered in both standard and long wheelbase lengths in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations. For 2017, the Jaguar F-TYPE offers buyers with an all-new derivative in the F-TYPE SVR. Powered by the brand’s proven supercharged V8 engine, the F-TYPE SVR has been further enhanced to offer 575-hp and 516-lb. ft. of torque enabling a top speed of 200mph (4,5) and a 0-60mph time of 3.5 seconds. (4)
All new Jaguar models come standard with Jaguar EliteCare, an ownership package with class-leading five-years or 60,000-mile warranty, complimentary scheduled maintenance coverage, roadside assistance and Jaguar InControl® Protect & Remote™. (3)
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability February vary. See your local authorized Jaguar or Land Rover Retailer for details.
(2) EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the F-PACE will offer 26mpg city/ 33mpg highway. EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the XE will offer 32mpg city/ 42mpg highway. EPA estimates 31mpg city/ 42mpg highway for the diesel XF. Actual mileage may vary.
(3) Class is cars sold by luxury automobile brands and claim is based on total package of warranty, maintenance and other coverage programs. For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
(4) Always follow local speed limits.
(5) F-TYPE SVR Coupe top speed is 200mph. F-TYPE SVR Convertible top speed is 195mph.