- Record January – monthly sales increase 6.8 percent over January 2016
- 62 consecutive months of yearly month-over-month growth
- Best January ever for Outback and Forester
- 35 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Outbacks sold
- 42 consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters sold
January marked the 35th consecutive month of 40,000+ vehicle sales for the company. Outback and Forester sales were notably strong as each model achieved its best January ever. Impreza sales for January 2017 increased 16.5 percent over the same month in 2016. Crosstrek also enjoyed gains over January 2016. In January, Impreza, Legacy and WRX each won Kelley Blue Book 2017 Best Resale Value Awards in their respective categories for a second year in a row. WRX also placed in the Best Resale Value Top 10 for the second consecutive year.
“We have to thank our dedicated retailers who delivered a wonderful start to 2017 with our best January sales ever and our 62nd consecutive month of yearly, month-over-month sales increases,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer.
“With the all-new Impreza arriving at retailers and already selling very well prior to the launch of its advertising campaign in mid-February, we expect an excellent start to the year.” said Jeff Walters, senior vice president of sales.