- Best Ever Jaguar Land Rover U.S. January Sales Month, up 30 percent
- Jaguar XE sports sedan and F-PACE SUV drive Jaguar U.S. sales up 117 percent for best January sales month since 2004
- Best Ever Land Rover U.S. January Sales Month, up 9 percent
- Best Ever Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Discovery Sport January Sales Month
(MAHWAH, NJ) – February 1, 2017 — Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC today reported January 2017 U.S. sales: Jaguar sales were 2,939 units, a 117 percent increase from 1,352 units in January 2016; Land Rover sales reached 6,163 units, up 9 percent from record sales of 5,655 units in January 2016; Jaguar Land Rover January U.S. sales for both brands hit 9,102 units, a 30 percent increase from 7,007 units in January 2016; making it the best ever Jaguar Land Rover January sales month.
“After coming off a record-setting year in 2016, we are starting 2017 with a successful January sales month for Jaguar Land Rover and are proud to report a 30 percent sales increase,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. “This strong performance is a testament to our expanded product offering, highly desirable brands and dedicated retailer network. We are in prime position for sales growth in the coming year.”
For the full year 2016, Jaguar Land Rover U.S. sales were up 24 percent to 105,104 units sold, compared to 85,048 units sold in 2015. With this performance, 2016 becomes the new U.S. high water mark for Jaguar and Land Rover brands’ combined sales, surpassing previous high of 102,191 sales achieved in 2002.
U.S. BRAND HIGHLIGHTS
For the month of January, Land Rover sales hit 6,163 units sold, the best ever January retail month for the brand (January of 2016 was the all-time January high for the brand in the U.S.). For the month of January, the Range Rover Sport was the volume leader hitting 1,918 units sold.
Range Rover hit 1,833 units sold and sales of the Discovery Sport hit 1,369 units. The Discovery family will be expanded in 2017 with the introduction of the new 2017 Land Rover Discovery which goes on sale this summer and priced from $49,990. (1)
The 2017 Land Rover model line-up features five models: The all-new Discovery, which replaces the LR4, features a radical new design language for the full-size, optional seven passenger SUV and all-new levels of refinement, passenger technology and driver assistance options.
The Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque continue steadfast, both powered by 240-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engines. The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model lines expand for 2017 each with a new model. Replacing the limited edition HST model in the Range Rover Sport line-up, the Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic features a 380-hp supercharged V6 engine, dynamic body trim appointments and black trim finishes. Within the full-size Range Rover line-up, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations has introduced the SVAutobiography Dynamic. Based off of the long wheelbase SVAutobiography, the SVAutobiography Dynamic offers a driver focused experience through a standard wheelbase, suspension and chassis tuning and a lowered ride height. Both Range Rover model lines feature five powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 380-hp supercharged V6, a 510-hp supercharged V8, a 550-hp supercharged V8 and a new 254-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 diesel.
For the month of January, Jaguar sales were 2,939 units, a 117 percent increase from 1,352 units in January 2016; making it the best Jaguar January sales month since 2004.
The Jaguar F-PACE hit 1,458 units sold, making it the brand’s volume leader for the month, and the XE hit 693 units sold.
Jaguar launched two new entry luxury vehicles in 2016: the 2017 XE compact luxury sedan, starting at $34,900(1), and the 2017 F-PACE compact luxury SUV, starting at $40,990.(1) Competitively priced within their respective segments, these two new models appeal to an all-new segment of buyers for the brand. The XE is available with two gasoline engines, a 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder and a 340-hp supercharged V6. The F-PACE is available with the same 340-hp supercharged V6, as well as a 380-hp supercharged V6 in the ‘S’ model. Both vehicles are available with a 180-hp turbocharged diesel engine, which returns 42mpg highway(2) on Jaguar XE models and 33mpg highway(2) on F-PACE models.
The Jaguar XF is now offered with three available powertrains, two supercharged V6 powertrains producing 340- and 380-hp and a 180-hp turbocharged four-cylinder diesel offering an EPA certified 42mpg highway.(2) The 2017 Jaguar XJ retains its position within the Jaguar line-up as the pinnacle in luxury for the brand. It continues to be available with three powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 470-hp supercharged V8 and a 550-hp supercharged V8 – is offered in both standard and long wheelbase lengths in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations. For 2017, the Jaguar F-TYPE offers buyers with an all-new derivative in the F-TYPE SVR. Powered by the brand’s proven supercharged V8 engine, the F-TYPE SVR has been further enhanced to offer 575-hp and 516-lb. ft. of torque enabling a top speed of 200mph (4,5) and a 0-60mph time of 3.5 seconds.(4)
All new Jaguar models come standard with Jaguar EliteCare, an ownership package with class-leading five-years or 60,000-mile warranty, complimentary scheduled maintenance coverage, roadside assistance and Jaguar InControl®Protect & Remote™.(3)
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability January vary. See your local authorized Jaguar or Land Rover Retailer for details.
(2) EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the F-PACE will offer 26mpg city/ 33mpg highway. EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the XE will offer 32mpg city/ 42mpg highway. EPA estimates 31mpg city/ 42mpg highway for the diesel XF. Actual mileage may vary.
(3) Class is cars sold by luxury automobile brands and claim is based on total package of warranty, maintenance and other coverage programs. For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
(4) Always follow local speed limits.
(5) F-TYPE SVR Coupe top speed is 200mph. F-TYPE SVR Convertible top speed is 195mph.