- Demand for Q7 SUV more than doubled; Q3 rose 45 percent
- A4 sedan increased 30 percent for the month
- Record sales streak continues for 71st consecutive month
Audi of America reported a November sales increase of 2.5 percent to 17,118 vehicles, as the Q7, Q3 and A4 continued to lead the volume gains.
It was Audi of America’s best November and its 71st straight month of record sales. The previous November record was set last year with 16,700 deliveries. Year-to-date sales have risen 2.9 percent to 187,018 vehicles despite a tightening premium market.
November results were bolstered by demand for SUV models. Total SUV sales for the brand increased 22 percent over last November and 17 percent year-to-date. The Q5 was the volume leader with 4,187 vehicles sold. Sales of the Q3 rose 45 percent over last year to 1,613 vehicles. Q7 sales more than doubled with a 104 percent increase from last November to 2,605 vehicles.
Demand for the A4 sedan remained robust with sales of 3,143 vehicles, a 30 percent increase for the month and a 19 percent increase year-to-date, notwithstanding a stagnant sedan market in the U.S.
The A3 Sportback e-tron had its best sales month ever with 394 deliveries in November and 3,691 vehicles sold year-to-date.
“On the heels of a successful November, we are on pace to achieve our seventh consecutive record sales year,” said Mark Del Rosso, chief operating officer, Audi of America. “We are confident that our momentum will continue in 2017, which promises to be one of the biggest launch years in Audi of America history.”
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–MTD–||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Nov ’16 Actual||Nov ’15 Actual||Yr/Yr %
|Nov ’16 YTD Actual||Nov ’15 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr %
|Total Audi Sales||17,118||16,700||2.5%||187,018||181,803||2.9%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,705||3,494||6.0%||41,923||44,322||-5.4%|
– A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan, A3 Cabriolet and A3 Sportback.
– A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan.
– A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan.
– A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe and TT Roadster.