- Three refined engine options: 5.0-liter V8,3.8-liter V6 and all-new 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6
- New 3.3T Sport trim delivers dynamic performance, sport styling and ultimate comfort and convenience with class-leading features
- Added safety features for 2018 provide segment-leading standardized suite of safety technology unrivaled in the mid-luxury segment
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Nov. 15, 2016 – Genesis today introduced the all-new 2018 Genesis G80 3.3T Sport trim, which will be on display at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show. The G80 3.3T Sport builds on the refined performance of the popular Genesis G80 and adds a powerful new 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 engine plus unique sport performance upgrades delivering improved driving dynamics and sport agility. In addition, distinctive styling elements and features visually differentiate the new 3.3T Sport from the rest of the enhanced Genesis G80 model line-up. The 2018 Genesis G80 is scheduled to arrive in the Spring of 2017.
2018 GENESIS G80 3.3T SPORT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Powered by a new 3.3-liter direct-injected, twin-turbocharged V6 engine and sport-tuned eight-speed automatic transmission with shift-by-wire technology
- Horsepower: 365 @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: 376 @ 1,300-4,500 rpm
- Continuous Damping Control suspension for enhanced vehicle dynamics and superior ride quality
- Distinctive sport designed exterior with dark chrome trim and Genesis signature copper-colored accents
- Leather sport seats and steering wheel with copper contrast stitching
- Genuine carbon fiber interior trim and aluminum sport pedals
- Unique 19-inch dark alloy wheels
- Two exclusive colors: Polar Ice & Sevilla Red
- Well-equipped standard safety technology and convenience features* including:
- 9.2-inch touchscreen navigation system with DIS multi-media controller
- Multi-view camera
- Full LED headlights with Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
- Lexicon® Premium Sound System with 17 speakers includes QuantumLogic® Surround Sound and Clari-Fi® music restoration technology
- Wireless device charging (Qi standard)
*New features available on 3.8 and standard on 5.0 models
“The G80 3.3T Sport reflects our continual commitment to provide drivers with compelling vehicles that meet their individual needs,” said Erwin Raphael, general manager of Genesis in the U.S. “By extending the G80 model line-up beyond the 3.8 and 5.0-liter engines, the 3.3T Sport expands G80’s range of pure performance capability and competitiveness within the mid-luxury sedan segment.”
The G80 Sport is powered by a 3.3-liter direct-injected, twin-turbocharged V6 engine boasting 365 horsepower, and is paired with a sport-tuned version of the same eight-speed automatic transmission equipped on both the 3.8 and 5.0 models. New shift-by-wire technology is standard on the Sport. In addition, the G80 3.3T Sport features an upgraded suspension system with continuous damping control to provide superior vehicle dynamics and ride compliance. An augmented rear brake set-up with ventilated rear discs brings the Sport to a halt to complete this confident and exhilarating driving performance package.
Exclusive sport exterior enhancements and Genesis signature copper-colored styling elements visually distinguish the 3.3T Sport from the other G80 trims and purvey its performance credentials. The G80 Sport features a bold, cross-hatch design dark chrome grille, sport rocker moldings and unique lower front and rear fascia designs for an aggressive sport appearance. Large 19-inch dark alloy wheels plus additional dark satin trim details accent the vehicle’s exterior design. The sport details continue inside the cabin where the driver is presented with sport pedals and a thick, sport-designed steering wheel. Generously bolstered sport seats with contrast stitching embrace the driver, and are offered in either black or gray leather. A rich, black microfiber suede headliner and genuine carbon fiber interior trim finish the cabin’s interior environment.
Two exclusive colors are available on the G80 3.3T Sport, Polar Ice and Sevilla Red, in addition to Casablanca White, Caspian Black and Himalayan Gray.
All 2018 Genesis G80s benefit from the latest in multimedia and connectivity technology, including standard Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ support plus available wireless device charging. Both the G80 3.8 and 5.0 also receive an exterior freshening that features a redesigned front bumper with a refreshed grille and new rear undercover. A new, standard 18-inch alloy wheel design on the 3.8 adds a modern update to the vehicle’s sleek side profile appearance. On the inside, well-designed interior enhancements and high-grade materials including genuine aluminum and new matte-wood finishes refresh the G80’s luxurious interior cabin.
2018 GENESIS G80 HIGHLIGHTS (3.8 and 5.0):
- Updated 8-speed automatic transmission with available shift-by-wire technology (standard on 5.0 model)
- Refreshed exterior design: headlights, lower front grille, front and rear fascia
- New, standard 18-inch wheel design
- Interior enhancements including new instrument cluster, shift knob, rearview mirror, analog clock and premium speaker design
- New available genuine matte wood finishes: Paldao and Sapale wood
- Modern aluminum trim pattern
- Standard Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ plus additional front USB charge port
- Added Pedestrian Detection and Driver Attention Alert as standard safety technology
- Superior in-cabin noise levels and comfort with improved NVH enhancements
For 2018, all Genesis G80 trims, including the 5.0-liter, will be available with the choice of either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive to manage various driving conditions and meet consumer demands. While buyers have the choice of powertrains on their G80, safety is not an option when it comes to Genesis’ commitment to driver and passenger protection. As the first rear-wheel drive mid-luxury sedan to achieve the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ rating in 2016, the 2018 Genesis G80 continues to augment its unsurpassed safety standards with the addition of Pedestrian Detection to the Automatic Emergency Braking system and standard Driver Attention Alert. Available LED headlights with Dynamic Bending Light and a multi-view camera in addition to the class-leading standard suite of safety features makes the 2018 G80’s safety offering one of the most comprehensive in the segment.
2018 GENESIS G80 STANDARD SAFETY FEATURES COMPARISON
|Standard Safety Features||2018Genesis G80||2017Lexus GS||2017 MercedesE300||2016 BMW 528i||2017 Volvo S90|
|Automatic Emergency Braking w/Pedestrian Detection||S||S||S||O||S|
|Driver Attention Alert||S||N/A||S||N/A||S|
|Blind Spot Detection||S||S||O||O||O|
|Rear Cross-traffic Alert||S||S||O||N/A||O|
|Lane Keep Assist||S||S||O||N/A||S|
|Lane Departure Warning||S||S||O||O||S|
|Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop/Start||S||S||O||O||S|
|High Beam Assist||S||S||O||O||O|
|Haptic Steering Wheel||S||S||O||O||S|
To truly elevate the luxury ownership experience, all Genesis vehicles include exclusive consumer-centric programs and amenities. From service valet appointments scheduled using the Genesis Intelligent Assistant mobile app to complimentary maintenance and Genesis Connected Services, the Genesis Experience is designed to provide the luxury of time.
- 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Normally Scheduled Maintenance
- 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Valet Service
- 3 years Complimentary Genesis Connected Services (including Connected Care, Remote, and Guidance)
- 3 years Complimentary SiriusXM® Travel Link (Traffic & Data)
- 3 years Complimentary Map Care – Annual map updates
- Best-in-Industry Warranty with Enhanced Roadside Assistance and Concierge Services
All Genesis vehicles offer Genesis Connected Services to bring seamless connectivity directly into the car with technology like Destination Search powered by Google®, Car Finder, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and Stolen Vehicle Recovery. With a three year complimentary subscription, Genesis Connected Services further enhances driver and passenger safety with SOS Emergency & Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) to provide peace of mind. In addition, Amazon Alexa allows customers to send remote commands such as Remote Start with Climate Control and Remote Door Lock/Unlock directly to the vehicle through Genesis Connected Services and an Alexa-enabled device. Genesis Connected Services can also easily be accessed from the buttons on the rearview mirror and center stack, the web at MyGenesisUSA.com or via an exclusive Genesis owners’ smartphone app.