The new Agera RS pushes the boundaries and takes the Agera to all new levels of performance.
The new Koenigsegg Agera RS has its focus set firmly on the track but is still perfect for regular use on the road. It uses advanced technology developed during our exclusive Koenigsegg One:1 program, while maintaining all the functionality of previous S and R models. Such practicalities include a usable luggage compartment and a detachable hardtop that can be stowed internally for top-down motoring at any time.
Agera RS enhancements include: advanced lightweight sound insulation, an all-new front splitter optimized for the track, front winglets, side skirts, advanced dynamic underbody flap system and a dynamically active rear spoiler for added down force (now up to 450 kg at 250 km/h). The RS also features improved side air outlets behind the front wheels, increased power and a raised rpm limit.
Even with all this added functionality and equipment, we have still managed to lower the curb weight compared to the Agera S and R models, thanks to the use of advanced composites and layup techniques developed during the One:1 program.
On top of the standard equipment, the Agera RS also offers the option to choose the Koenigsegg active and self-levelling chassis package, 3G connected Pre-Active chassis setups, alternative aero packages, active sound cancellation and much more.
The engine – as with the previous Agera S – has been optimized for regular pump gas and now puts out an incredible 1160 bhp on regular petrol. That’s an astonishing 232 bhp per liter with perfect reliability.
In certain markets, the Agera RS can also be configured to run on E85 for even higher power levels, while the engine management system offers the ability to adjust on-the-fly to any fuel mix at any given time.
The Agera RS is the ultimate in road and track versatility. It offers the most extreme performance available today and yet is fully road legal, complying with safety standards and other necessary homologation requirements worldwide.
The RS will be handcrafted in only 25 examples, with 10 pre-sold prior to the first showing.
The Megacar revolution is about to land on US roads. The Koenigsegg Agera RS showing at Monterey 2016 – badged as ‘Agera XS’ according to the wishes of its owner – will be the first Koenigsegg Agera RS in the United States and will be one of the most powerful, fully homologated, street legal production cars on American roads with the best power to weight ratio.
The Agera XS is presented in Karosserie Orange – an intense orange finish with diamond-dust metallic effect – and a clear carbon centre strip. The interior features black alcantara with orange contrast stitching to match the exterior. The Agera XS also comes with bespoke aerodynamics, including the largest rear wing ever fitted to a Koenigsegg, specifically designed to the owner’s wishes.
The Agera XS – as with every Koenigsegg ever made – has a removable lightweight hardtop that can be detached and/or reattached in minutes and is stored on-board, under the front hood of the car.
The Agera RS model is an evolution of the Koenigsegg One:1 and incorporates much of the technology developed during the creation of the Koenigsegg’s first ever Megacar, but with more creature comforts and practicality. It has a 5-litre, twin-turbocharged V8 engine mated to a CIMA 7-speed paddle-shift transmission, with Koenigsegg’s in-house developed, integrated E-diff.
The Agera RS includes all modern electronic aids and conveniences – smart airbags, detachable hardtop with lightweight roof, adjustable pedals and steering column, 6 way electrically adjustable carbon sport seats, carbon ceramic brakes with Sport ABS, KES (stability control) , front/rear hydraulic lifting system, active shock absorbers, active ride height, active front and rear aerodynamics, LifePo4 battery, Apple CarPlay, USB connection and media player, climate control, digital warning and information system, G sensor, alarm and tire monitoring system.
Despite all of this equipment, the Agera RS still weighs just 3,075 lbs including all fluids, ready to drive.
Christian von Koenigsegg: “It is a true pleasure for us to present the Agera XS at this year’s Monterey Car Week, especially as this is the first Agera RS that will be fully homologated for use on American roads. Our re-entry into the US market a watershed moment for our company and the Agera XS is the perfect car to emphasise this occasion.
The response to the Agera RS and the Regera in the USA has been overwhelming and we look forward to delivering the ultimate in automotive performance to our American customers in the very near future.”
- Dynamically active rear wing
- Active independent front flaps
- Frontal area: 1.873 m²
- Total down force at 250km/h 485 Kg
- Carbon fiber with aluminum honeycomb
- and integrated fuel tanks
- Monocoque torsional rigidity: 65,000 Nm/
- Weight: 70 kg (including tanks)
- Front and rear suspension – double
- wishbones, carbon fiber rear upper wish-
- bones, two-way electronically adjustable
- gas-hydraulic shock absorbers, and pu-
- shrod operated Triplex damper in the rear
- Electronically adjustable ride height, fully
- independent per wheel
- Koenigsegg Engine Control Module and
- Flex fuel capacity (KECM)
- High Power coil on plug ignition system
- 7-speed paddle-shift with auto shift mode
- Koenigsegg Electronic differential (KED)
- Koenigsegg Gearbox Control Module (KGCM)
- Rack and pinion hydro-electric power assisted steering.
- 2.7 turn lock-to-lock
- Turning circle: 11 metres
- Koenigsegg Aircore™ Super light hollow carbon fibre wheels with centre locking
- Front: 19” x 9.5”
- Rear: 20” x 12.5”
- Front brakes – Ventilated ceramic discs
- Ø397 mm, 40 mm wide 6-piston, Koenigsegg calipers
- Rear brakes – Ventilated ceramic discs
- Ø380 mm, 34 mm wide 4-piston Koenigsegg calipers
- Dedicated Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 (or optional Michelin Supersport for everyday use)
- Unidirectional with asymmetric thread pattern
- Front: 265/35 – 19” (Y)
- Rear: 345/30 – 20” (Y)
- Total length: 4293 mm
- Total width: 2050 mm
- Total height: 1120 mm
- Low speed ground clearance: 105 mm
- Track mode ground clearance: 85 mm
- Front lifting system activated: 150 mm
- Wheelbase: 2662 mm
- Fuel capacity: 82 litres
- Luggage compartment: 150 litres
- Dry weight: 1295 kg (Curb weight: 1395 kg
- Koenigsegg twin turbo aluminum 5,0L V8,
- 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead
- camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Compression: 9.3:1
- Bore: 92 mm Stroke: 95.25 mm
- Sequential, multipoint fuel injection with
- dual knock sensors and back pressure
- sensors, closed loop wide band lambda
- control, twin ceramic ball bearing turbo
- chargers with Koenigsegg patented
- backpressure reduction system with va-
- riable turbo geometry. 1.3 bar (1.4 with E85)
- boost pressure
- Dry sump lubrication. Carbon fiber intake
- manifold with optimised intake tracts
- Tig-welded ceramic coated 0.8 mm wall
- thickness inconel exhaust system mani-
- fold with merge collector
- Total engine weight: 189 kg
- Power output – gasoline – 865 kW (1160Hp)
- at 7800 rpm – redline at 8250 rpm
- Torque: 1000 Nm from 2700 to 6170 rpm
- Max torque – 1280 Nm at 4100 rpm
ELECTRONIC STABILITY SYSTEM
- Koenigsegg Electronic Stability Control (KES) with 3 settings Wet – Normal – Track
- 3 settings Wet – Normal – Track
- Two-door, two seater with removable hardtop
- Body made from pre-impregnated carbon fiber/kevlar and lightweight sandwich reinforcements
- Dual airbags, detachable hardtop with lightweight roof, power windows, adjustable pedals and steering column, leather interior with Agera style stitching, bucket carbon sport seats with memory foam, carbon ceramic brakes with Sport ABS, KES (stability) , front/rear hydraulic lifting system, power steering, power brakes, Satnav, LifePo4 battery, MP3 player, USB connection, climate control, digital warning and info system, G sensor, alarm, tire monitoring system, Koenigsegg shield alarm fob, leather carpets, roof storage bag, car cover, Koenigsegg car charger.
- Specification subject to change.