- All-new Lincoln MKX is the first Lincoln to offer a feature that may help avoid or lessen the severity of some frontal crashes: Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection; all-new Lincoln MKX earned overall 5-Star crash rating from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- New available 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine delivers excellent blend of refinement and power: quietest EcoBoost V6 ever with 335 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque
- Other technology available to seamlessly assist when driving, parking or listening to music; exclusive Revel® audio system available in the all-new Lincoln MKX
The all-new Lincoln MKX, on sale this summer, introduces Quiet Luxury, a new standard that combines thoughtful and elegant design with a safe, effortless ride and a warm, tailored experience.
“Personalized luxury, delivered through a suite of customer-focused enhancements, is at the heart of the all-new Lincoln MKX,” said John Polasek, Chief Program Engineer. “Power matched with refinement, helpful technology that’s easy to use and beautiful, thoughtful design elevate Lincoln MKX to a whole new level.”
The all-new Lincoln MKX further strengthens Lincoln’s position in the midsize premium utility segment, one of the largest luxury segments in the United States, representing about one-quarter of the retail luxury automotive market.
New engine option
Leading the engine choices for the all-new Lincoln MKX is the available advanced 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged Ti-VCT EcoBoost V6, which is SAE-rated at 335 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 rpm on premium fuel.
The standard 3.7-liter V6 is SAE-rated at 303 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 278 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm.
Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with push-button shift and SelectShift®. Front-wheel drive is standard, Intelligent All-Wheel Drive optional.
Safer and more effortless ride
Available semi-autonomous features include the first Lincoln implementation of technology that may help avoid or lessen the severity of some frontal crashes – Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection activates at speeds above 3 mph.
If no corrective action is taken and the system detects a collision is imminent, the brakes are automatically applied.
Further, the all-new Lincoln MKX earned a 5-Star overall rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Available adaptive steering adjusts the ratio between a driver’s steering input and the steering angle of the front wheels.
In traditional steering systems, this is a fixed steering ratio. With this new solution, the steering ratio continually changes with vehicle speed, optimizing steering response in all situations.
Standard electric power-assisted steering adjusts steering feel by matching the driver’s requested Lincoln Drive Control mode. At lower speeds, EPAS provides additional boost for effortless maneuverability. At higher speeds, EPAS increases steering effort and feedback, giving the driver a more precise steering feel.
Together, EPAS and adaptive steering help provide an outstanding driving experience: EPAS reduces effort while adaptive steering reduces the amount the wheel needs to be turned.
There is a new Auto Hold feature, which relieves the driver from having to press the brake pedal continuously to keep the vehicle stationary in traffic. Auto Hold releases the brakes when the accelerator pedal is pressed.
Lincoln Drive Control, a suite of ride-enhancing technologies that customize the driving experience and optimize performance, orchestrates available continuously controlled damping, electric power-assisted steering and active noise control.
Drivers can select among normal, sport and comfort modes.
Active noise control enhances overall sound quality by cancelling unwanted noises, resulting in a comfortable cabin and a better environment for music listening and in-car telephone conversation.
Also available to seamlessly assist the driver are:
- Adaptive cruise control uses sensors to detect when traffic in front of the vehicle slows. The vehicle automatically slows down, and resumes cruising speed when the sensors detect traffic has cleared
- Lane-Keeping System includes Lane-Keeping Alert and Lane-Keeping Aid. With Lane Keeping Alert, the steering wheel vibrates when drivers are straying from their lane. Lane-Keeping Aid provides a mild steering input to encourage drivers to steer toward the center of the lane
- Blind Spot Information System, or BLIS, signals the driver when a vehicle enters one of its blind spots by displaying an indicator in the sideview mirror
- Cross-traffic alert detects traffic approaching from either side as the vehicle backs out of a parking space and warns the driver when another vehicle is present with a visual alert and audible tone
Additionally, the available hands-free power liftgate can be opened by kicking your foot under the rear bumper when you have the access key. The liftgate can be closed the same way or by pushing a button, and the height can be adjusted.
360-degree camera with enhanced park assist
The available features and technologies have been orchestrated to provide a seamless experience. The front camera, for example, sits behind the Lincoln Star badge. When in Drive, Park or Neutral and the button is pushed, the Lincoln Star badge moves out about 1 inch and tilts up to deploy the available front camera.
The camera system also offers a 180-degree split view, which can be helpful in looking out in cross-traffic situations. The 360-degree view shows up to 7 feet all around the vehicle, helping to make parking easier.
The 12-sensor ultrasonic system enables the full range of available parking-assist features: front rear side sensing, perpendicular and parallel parking and park out.
Elegant design and two new Black Label themes
Proud, wide shoulders, dynamic side undercuts and belt lines, and clever touches such as the integrated antenna underscore a sophisticated and powerful appearance.
The available full-LED front headlamps are subtly executed as blades, rather than projectors, aligned with the horizontal execution of the Lincoln split-wing grille.
A “powerdome” integrated into the rear spoiler houses the radio antenna. The signature full-width taillamp employs a filter to help the lamp read as one piece, rather than disparate dots of light.
The interior blends function with flowing forms to inspire a sense of luxurious adventure. It is both open and cocoon-like, stunning yet quiet.
The push-button gear shift enables true flow through from the instrument to the center console. This execution creates a dramatic open suspension bridge that flows from the instrument panel to the center console, providing two tiers of open space.
An implied flow extends from the instrument panel to the doors. The overall effect creates visual width and a feeling of openness. Rich materials and exquisite detailing add to the experience.
Lincoln Black Label will be available at launch with four themes. Two are new: The Muse, inspired by the fashion, lifestyle and art scene of 1920s Paris; and Thoroughbred, inspired by the excitement, passion and pageantry of high-stakes horse racing. Modern Heritage and Indulgence also will be available.
Warm and tailored experience
The available 22-way multicontour front seats with Active Motion® can ease muscle fatigue and can be tailored for preference and comfort.
The patented Active Motion function is a slight continuous movement in the seat cushion, which helps reduce potential back pain by provoking a change in the muscular activation of the pelvic area. Developed in part with input from orthopedic surgeons, this feature is especially beneficial on long trips or while waiting in traffic
The seat contour and fit for both driver and passenger can be adjusted to personalize the seat. Further adjustments can be made through the four-way power head restraint and the power cushion thigh extender
Lincoln Experiences greets the driver when her or she, with key fob, is within approximately 9 feet. The lower LED daytime running lights gently brighten, while a “welcome mat” is projected on the ground from the folded mirrors. Door handles are illuminated, too, tuned to the exterior color.
Interior sequential lighting begins at the bottom of the cabin, then illuminates the cupholders, pass-through, instrument panel, front door handles, front map pockets and rear doors. The lighting goes off in reverse order.
The available panoramic Vista Roof® provides invigorating open-air travel and a sky-high view of the passing scenery for all passengers.
Revel audio makes automotive debut
Revel’s acclaimed performance is born from a philosophy that embraces science and technology as a means to advance the state of the art in an authentic and natural way. It dictates that frequencies are reproduced accurately as designed by physics and unaided by electronics.
This approach — elegant in its simplicity — ensures the brand trademark sound signature, one that is pure, musical and faithful to the original performance in every Revel system.
A 13-speaker Revel system designed for the ultimate audio quality experience is available on the all-new Lincoln MKX Select and Reserve. This system features:
- Revel signature waveguides on every door, ensuring the purest performance
- QuantumLogic® Surround Sound technology offering three listening modes for an immersive multi-dimensional surround sound experience from any source
- A 12-channel Class-D amplifier for high efficiency and increased dynamics
- Field-balancing shorting rings providing clear, undistorted sound and increased transient response
- Proprietary spectral and power management technologies which minimize dynamic compression for extraordinary fidelity at any volume
- The Revel Ultima system is standard on Lincoln Black Label editions and available on Reserve models. It additionally features:
- 19 speakers engineered featuring point source architecture for unequaled musical accuracy
- Patented Clari-Fi™ technology offering advanced, real-time music restoration for all compressed audio sources
- 20-channel high-voltage hybrid amplifier for class-leading dynamics and optimized transparency
The all-new Lincoln MKX is built at Oakville (Ontario) Assembly Plant and has a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $38,995, including destination and delivery charges. Taxes, license and other fees not included.