- The most recent month stands as the best for January sales
- Demand for SUV and A3 model lines was strong for the month
- All-time best January sales of Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles
February 03, 2015 | Herndon, Virginia — Audi reported that its January 2015 sales increased 14.3% to 11,541 vehicles, a total that stands as the 49th consecutive month of record U.S. sales for the premium brand.
On the heels of its fifth consecutive year of record sales, Audi continued its retail momentum in January 2015, with the best-ever January results in Audi U.S. history. The previous January record was set in 2014 with sales of 10,101 vehicles.
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicle sales also reached record levels during the most recent month. January 2015 marks the 18th consecutive month of record Audi CPO sales, through an 18% gain for the month on 3,730 CPO vehicles sold.
“We are extremely pleased to start the year strong with records in both new and CPO sales,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “The family of Audi owners is steadily expanding, and the success of our CPO Sales Event is a testament to the growing size of our customer base.”
January represented strong demand for Audi luxury SUVs, with a 15.8% increase in sales encompassing the Audi Q3, Q5 and Q7 models.
Consumer demand for the A3 model line (including the A3 sedan, the A3 Cabriolet and the S3 performance sedan) bolstered January results with 2,383 vehicles sold, making it the second-best selling model for Audi in the U.S.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 14.7% for the S3 sedan; 17.9% for the S4 sedan; 38.8% for the S5/RS 5; 2.6% for the S6; 43.2% for the S7/RS 7; 12.1% for the S8; 66.7% for the TTS Coupe and TTS Roadster, and 7.2% for the SQ5 crossover.
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
Audi U.S. snapshot (YTD)
|Model Line||Jan ’15 Actual||Jan ’14 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Jan ’15 YTD Actual||Jan ’14 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||11,541||10,101||14.3%||11,541||10,101||14.3%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,730||3,161||18.0%||3,730||3,161||18.0%|
– A3 includes A3 sedan, S3 sedan and A3 Cabriolet.
– A4 includes A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– A5 includes A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet.
– A6 includes A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
– A7 includes A7 sedan, S7 sedan and RS 7 sedan.
– A8 includes A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan.
– Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5.
– R8 includes R8 coupe and R8 Spyder.
– TT includes TT coupe, TTS coupe, TT roadster and TTS roadster.